Chapter 9: Leaving

Hi everyone and welcome to the ninth chapter. I am sorry for the long wait but I have been worrying over how to pay for my college expenses next semester. I am going to try and update when I can but it might be far in between chapters. I will most likely instead of adding new chapters be going back to the older chapters adding some stuff and editing it some more. I have signed up for eighteen hours this semester and I want to make sure I do real well. I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

Chapter 9: Leaving

A little over a year has passed since my mate left for his home. I have completed my studies to my satisfaction. Many people have been trying to convince me to stay here but I cannot. I do not want to be away from my mate for much longer. I since he feel as if a piece of me is missing and it hurts me at random times. One time the pain almost caused me to get hit in the heart during a duel I was having with a noble. I had barely been able to avoid being hit by his sword. Since then I have been trying to find a way to ease the pain but I have known that the pain will not stop until I am beside my mate and he is with me.

Draco has been getting more and more restless. His mood is turning to a darker side because he hates it when I am in pain. As of late he has been better but that is only because he knows that soon my pain will be over and not because he is happy. I hate that my darling dragon and friend is in such a bad mood because of me but it cannot be helped.

“My lady, all of your things have been packed as you requested. My things are also already prepared to be going,” Carmen tells me with a smile on.

“Thank you. You can relax for a while. I do not intend to leave until after the evening meal,” I tell her with a smile in return.

Carmen begged me a few months ago to allow her to go with me when I leave for Arian. She kept begging me until finally I gave up and agreed to allow her to come with me. I was scared for her wellbeing back then but since then I have been teaching her to defend herself so that she will not be such an easy target. I smile at her in thanks and walk outside so that I can go and tell the royal family of my plans to leave later this very day after the evening meal.

I know that it will piss Lilith off to know that she is really going to lose the thing she thought she might be able to convert into a pawn. She has no say any more in what I do. She no longer has much power in this country. I have shown many that she is traitorous and will do anything to gain what she wants including betray people who she has promised things to.  I have made sure that her reputation as a good queen has been ripped asunder. She has lost the support of most of the people of the country and almost no one trusts her. She still has some important supporters but they only stay with her because if the king dies she will take power for a few years until the prince becomes the age of twenty-five which is the age a prince can start his rule if his father is dead or steps down.

A sigh escapes from my lips as I try to relax some. I have been dreading having to tell them exactly when I am going to be leaving. I know Lilith will most likely try to stop me in some way or form from leaving. She may even try an assassination attempt. She has tried this twice in the last year and they have all failed miserably as I have killed each assassin she has sent after me. I have made sure that Carmen would be safe should an assassin try to come after her. She may not have elf speed but she does have the skills to fend someone off if they try for her life and some spells have been placed on the house to warn her when someone enters the house. I personally put the spell up. A smile crosses my face when I think of that particular spell. It was the thing that warned me of the last assassination attempt.