Chapter 3: The Sword and Fist

Sorry for the wait. Well going straight into it.

Chapter 3: The Sword and Fist

Nearly two and  a half months has passed since my lessons have began. I have finished studying the law book at least four times. I am two chapters away from finishing the first math and first history book. I just finished the first round of ettiquette lessons and will not have to take them for at least another year. I am currently walking to the practice fields for my newest class of hand to hand and  sword fighting. Well this should be easy. I have been learning to fight these ways for at least ten years of my life. When I arrive, the teacher is waiting with two other students. We stand waiting for the other students.

"Hello an dgood morning students. I am expected to teach you hand to hand and sword fighting in a litle under three years. So I expect you to be on time and ready to learn everyday. I see that the king rider is ready for her lessons. I would like for all of you to fface me one at a time," he orders.

He moves to punch me in the face. I quickly block his punch and twist his arm up behind his back. I lean him forward and put all of my weight down on that arm. Finally he taps out.

"Very nice, miss. . .," he asks.

"Reina, lord . . .," I ask in return.

"Zolar. No lord though. Alright everyone lets move on," orders the teacher.

I watch as Zolar fights everyone. He is not beaten by anyone else and always moves straight from one to another. I keep my guard up wondering if he will come back to me. He fights the prince and the prince nearly wins but the prince makes one small mistake. I expect Zolar to quit but he continues with a punch to my head. I am very nearly get hit but I dodge at the last second.

"Very nice work prince David. Almost had you Reina but good on making up for being caught somewhat off guard," Zolar comments. "Everyone else pair off while I see the extent of Reina's ability."

"Yes sir," says the rest of his students.

I throw a kick at Zolar's leg but he jumps up right in to my trap. I go to punch him in the stomache. Zolar catches it so I jump up and round house kick him in the  left arm. We continue fighting for the next hour with neither of us getting a hand up on the other. The bell rings and Zolar calls an end to our fight.

"Alright moving onto your next lesson. Go pick out  your wooden swords for practicing with," orders Zolar.

I walk over to the wooden swords rack. I pick up each sword and find the one tat is best balanced for me. The others just pick up random swords. The Prince seems to weigh his swords as well. I walk back to the practice court and wait for the others.

"Alright lets get started on this. I want all of you to pair up. King and Queen dragon riders, pair up and begin to practice. I have a feeling that both of you have some expirence in this field," order Zolar before moving off to pair the others up.

David and I walk off to a clear spot and move ten paces away from each other. We bow to each other and move into our postions. We stand there for dive minutes waiting for the other to give a sign of an attack. David starts to get impatient and blinks before he moves his sword arm in a chopping motion. I parry the move and come in with a kick to his knee. In retaliation, he punches me in the side. To give me some space to work, I kick him in the chest to move him back and use him as a springing board to back flip. I keep my sword between me and him at all times so that he can not get a strike at me. I look up at David as I land. He has a look of surprise on his face. I smile as I charge at him. I tackle him to the ground and pin him there. I place my wooden sword to his neck. David drops his sword and raises his hands to the sky. I look up as I hear everyone clapping. Everyone had been watching our match.

"Like I thought both of you are trained in swords fighting and will be able to grow from each other. Well that is all for today," Zolar says dismissing us.

I head back home and continue to study. By mdinight I am in bed asleep.

Well as Zolar said that is all for today. I am sorry but I am tired just got back from vacation and I had to watch kids while on vacation. Night everyone.

Comment, vote, and fan. Please