They say in heaven, love comes first

Ruby's daily routine had been so monotonous for the last few weeks. Things started to feel so surreal to her. She felt almost like a robot on autopilot. That is, before today.

   Today, Ruby's day changed and took a turn for the better. Ruby had been working at Granny's diner today. She was getting bored because she was all caught up on cleaning, and today was a slower day economically. Ruby let out a slightly frustrated sigh. She wanted something new for once.

   That's when it happened, a rip and tear to the same old repetitive routines. The door to the diner opens, causing the little bells to jingle. Ruby's attention was thrown right to the customer. She's never seen this woman before. She felt her pulse quicken.

"Uhm, hello, I heard that I can get food here?"

   The soft accented voice sent a shiver down Ruby's spine. This is just the adventure Ruby had been craving. She didn't realize she'd been staring. She stammered out an answer,

"I, uh, yES! We sell food here!"

'Really Ruby?! You couldn't day anything slightly smarter?!' 

    Ruby mentally bashes herself for how she spoke. The beautiful girl before her smiled kindly. God her smile was to die for. Her eyes were so captivating too. Ruby was getting lost I'm the girl's eyes and she hadn't even learned her name yet. But she was already head over heels for this woman.

"May I order a hamburger?"

    The beautiful woman spoke, her accent so adorable. Ruby was mentally melting as she daydreamed. She was trying to order. And Ruby's head in the clouds was thwarting Belle's attempt at trying to get a meal. Belle saved a hand in front of the quite clearly distracted waitress' face.

"Miss?"

    Ruby felt her cheeks heat up with embarrassment. She began to stammer her next set of words.

"I, uh, y-yes? Sorry, I-I was captivated by, uh, nevermind."

'God Ruby, could you be more cringy?!'

   Belle just smiled and chuckled lightly. She leans her forearms on the counter. She looks into Ruby's eyes with some sort of emotion that Ruby couldn't quite pinpoint.

"I know that feeling."

   Belle nervously chews on her own bottom lip as she stares into Ruby's eyes. Belle's cheeks flushed a light tint of pink. The waitress sure is a cutie. But with the look on Ruby's face, she thought maybe she was in love with someone.

"Are you in love with someone?"

   Belle almost instantly regretted asking. Her hope waivers as she awaits for Ruby's response. She mentally scolds herself for even asking. Ruby's cheeks flushed dark. She began to stumble with her words, as she stammered,

"I, uh, um, well, it's complicated"

    Ruby couldn't lie to this woman, but she couldn't tell her she loved her. They just met anyways. The girl could already have a significant other. She sighs looking down a bit dejected.

"I-I'm sorry ma'am, pardon my manners, I'm Ruby, but my friends call me Red. What's your name?"

   Belle blushed in embarrassment. How could she have not shared her own name yet? she felt so ashamed in herself for not having shared her name sooner.