{Chapter 23|Unknown}

Start from the beginning

You take it from his hands and read it thoroughly,

"So, (Y/N), the past few weeks have been peaceful, haven't they? Enjoy it while it lasts ;)"

"What the heck..." You mutter.
It was only a few words scribbled messily onto the paper but it was enough to make the hair on your neck stand tall.

"P-Pat...can you...can you show me the pictures?" You ask.

Patryck hesitates before giving you his phone.

"Disgusting"
"Idiotic"
"Eyesore"

It was normal insulting words.
It wouldn't affect you very much, but you instantly notice how the first letters go together to form the word, "DIE"
You felt sick.

"We have to tell the teachers. This is...this is a form of harassment!" You said to Patryck. He nods in agreement, and stands up to come with you.
"No--stay here. I know the way." You stop him.
"But-" He tries to reason with you.
"No, Pat. It's okay, just stay here." You said and Patryck nodded.
As you were about to walk to the faculty office, you felt a buzz in your pocket, a message.

Again, it was from an unknown number.

Unknown : That wouldn't be very wise now, would it, (Y/N)?

Your eyes widen.

You scan the classroom and hallway, looking for someone who looked like they were using a phone, or any device.
Failed at seeing anyone, you ignore the text message and walk straight towards the faculty.
Once again, you feel a buzz, you pull out your phone again, frustrated.

Unknown : One more step and Matty gets it :)

It then goes on and shows a picture of Matt, writing something down on his notebook. It seemed as if the person taking the picture was just outside of your classrom, and you had just left.

Panicked and pissed were what you are right now.

(Y/N) : What are you gonna do to him if I do?!

Unknown : Hm. And why would I tell you that?

(Y/N) : If you lay a finger on him, I won't fucking hesitate in kicking your ass!

Unknown : One. More. Step.

You were about to smash your phone into pieces at how this guy was making you irritated on purpose.
Defeated, you walk back to the classroom, your lock screen suddenly lights up at the notification,

Unknown : Good girl.

You start running back.
Matt was still there, on his desk.
You let out a sigh of relief and walk up to him.

He looks up at you, "Oh! Hey (Y/--"
You pull him into a hug.

"(Y-Y/N)?"
You let go, "Ha, sorry. You suddenly looked like a teddy bear to me."
You said and walk back to your table.

Matt gave you a concerned look but went back to what he was writing.

"What happened? Did you tell the teachers?" Patryck asks you.
You shook your head a 'no'.
"Why? Did something stop you?" He asks again.
"Pat...nothing stopped me. I...changed my mind. It isn't a big deal anyway." You reply.

Patryck narrowed his eyebrows, "(Y/N), you just said earlier that it was a form of harassment! We have evidence!" He says to you.
You stay silent.
"Fine, if you can't do it, I'll do it myself." He says and stands up and walks towards the hallway.

Your phone screen lights up again,

Unknown : Stop him.

"Pat! Come on, it isn't a big deal! W..we'll report it if it does something inappropriate again, okay?" You said, grabbing his arm.
He looks at you again.
"Fine..." He gives in, "But if it does something again, I won't hesitate in turning the evidence in. Even if you try to stop me."

You exhale, as if you were holding breath this whole time.

~

It was almost lunch time, you were just about done preparing your stuff for the second period.
Once you were done, your phone buzzed again.

Unknown : Check on Edd.

You let out a shaky breath.

(Y/N) : Where is he?

Unknown : Boy's restroom, second floor.

You didn't even ask further questions as you went running for the second floor.
You stop at the entrances of the boy's restroom, pondering whether you should go in or not.

*Buzz*

Unknown : Go in. There's no one there.

You hesitate. Should you really trust this person? They literally threatened you to do something to one of your best friends just this morning.

'I don't have a choice.'

You opened the door carefully.

Silence.

*Buzz*

Unknown : Stall 2.

You immediately went to stall 2, somehow, it was unlocked.
You open the door gently, and once you did...
All the air was taken out of you.

~

"Ell!" You scream for her name. She was in the class of Tori, Tamara, and Matilda, visiting them as much as she could was always her schedule now.
You reach the classroom, "Ell!" You scream again. She doesn't respond.

Ell was talking with them, but was also surrounded with a bunch of students.

"Ell!" You won't stop until she finally looks at you.
You see as you get attention from the other students as they turn to look at you weirdly.
Whispering to each other like, "Who's she?" Or "How does she know Ell?" Like you can't hear their whispers and how they immediately forget about what happened on the first day.

Anger and frustration was growing inside you,
"ELL!" You call out again. She wouldn't look at you.
You didn't care if you were making a scene, you just wanted her attention. Was her popularity more important? Did she just leave all the memories you shared together in the dirt? Did she care more about her reputation? Anger had pushed out tears from your eyes, but you're not backing down.

"ELL!" Your voice had cracked.

"(Y/N)?!" You hear Tom's voice echoing out and rushing towards you.
"What happened?! Why are you crying?!" He asks you, worried filled his eyes.

"He-...Edd! E-Edd he's...we need to h-help him!" Words were hard to breath out now.

"Edd? What happened to Edd?!" Tom is clearly panicked.

"S-seizure! He's having a seizure!"