Chapter Twenty Four

Comincia dall'inizio

I went down to sink myself under the water, with her emotions adding to the physical strain on her body to keep up the other one's energy.

"You need to value yourself more than this." I gestured to the water shackles that were strapped to her wrist, while I gave her the view in her mind's eye of Steven. He was concerned – Knowing that he did not want to leave her like this flickered something within the blue Gem's gaze. "Are you really sure you know how Steven feels about this? He does not want you to do this for him."

I cupped her cheeks softly and stared at her with the most serious look I could manage – I wanted to show her what he said about the Lazuli he met.

Happiness, Warmth, and Friendship.

This child was reminiscing over all things he used to do with her and how he felt when she had fused with the Jasper. I knew that hybrid child was stubborn, not wanting to give up on Lapis, although I knew he wanted to try to get her to separate.

Sometimes, when I listened to his tales, I felt even more amazed by his capacity to forgive anyone – no matter the circumstances.

"Is this really how you want to do this, Lapis Lazuli?" I inquired, my eyes not leaving her own. I knew she saw what I shared with her, though there was tint of blue flushing her cheeks. I did not know what that was about, as I mostly wanted to hear what she thought – before I went to the dark corner of her mind where the Jasper resided.

That would be a challenge altogether.

Still, I was prepared to do so after this conversation finished.

Separation is what they needed – The negative torrent of emotions flooded my body so I could alleviate their pain. It made me want to keep this within me, despite how much I knew it would be dangerous for them.

Everything I saw was disheartening, making me grit my teeth due to the force of it. At least, I understood this ability had gradually developed itself from the little moments I managed of practice whenever White wasn't around – Though this is the one thing I have not shared with her, and it felt better to at least keep it to myself for now.

I withdrew my hands from her face, stepping back. I'd decided to let her soak the things that were discussed into her mind.

Turning on my heel, I went to go talk to the Jasper.

Berserk.

This is what I felt in the dark part of their mind, though somehow there was a stillness in the waters of the mind – like 'the calm before a storm'.

"Wait!"

Ignoring Lapis's call, I had to face this without fear. Seeing the large shadow taking shape and hearing the rattling of chains, I could see Lapis was now jerking Jasper back, trying to make her stay but failing after she decided to concentrate on my presence instead.

I did not want for this to continue. so I made the choice to see what was running through the mind of the other Gem that composed their fusion.

Rage.

Power.

Contempt.

These three powerful emotions were what crashed into my body, though I tried not to let them get to me.

Mustering my courage, I tried not to falter, my entire being weak with mental exhaustion – if not physical, too.

I sought for answers to this particular relationship between the pair. There was no trust in their bond, and it felt as if they were both holding the other back – in more ways than one.