Civilian Chores

I roar. It hurts. I only see red as tree's left and right blow up, and I don't bother dodging the shrapnel as I roar once more. Fuck this. *Fuck* this! My vision blurs. My throat closes, but I don't care, roaring once more. My hands curl into fists, and I spin. My fists slam into the ground, cracks appearing beneath me. I don't notice. I try roaring, only for a violent wheeze to leave. I growl. My throat was ripped up. More trees start exploding around me. My breathing starts shaking. *I* start shaking. I slam my fists into the nearest tree, not noticing when even more wooden shrapnel makes its home within my skin. I only notice how close to death I am when my vision starts going black.

The ninja stares at the damage done by the civilian, jumping down to stand next to the civilian's unconscious body. The damage done by a mere civilian... Why wasn't she a ninja? Humming, the ninja picks the civilian up and starts heading towards his leader. He'd know what to do with her. The woman in his arms breathing becomes irregular as she loses more and more blood. Noticing this, the ninja decides to get her to the hospital first.

The Hokage listens intently as one of his strongest shinobi gives him a report on a civilian that caught his eye. "What would you say her rank is?" The Hokage asks the vigilant yet aloof ninja.

"Maa, I'd say high Chunin to low Jounin." The silver haired ninja doesn't look up from his orange book as the Hokage splutters.

"That high in rank? And she's nineteen like you?" The Hokage asks. The Hokage regains his composure at his shinobi's affirmative. Why wasn't she in the ninja ranks, then? Was she a spy? Or was she trying to avoid notice for certain reasons? He hums. He'll have to ask her once she wakes up.

Once she wakes up, the Hokage is notified, and sends for Kakashi as well. He was the one who found her, after all. It had nothing to do with the fact that she escaped from the hospital at all.

Kakashi appeared before the Hokage, wondering why he was retrieved by a Jounin. It must be serious. "Ah, Kakashi. The civilian you brought here late last night has escaped. I was wondering if you could find her." The Hokage explains. They both knew it was an order, despite the lighthearted tone. The civilian could be a danger to Konoha, after all.

Kakashi wasn't expecting to find her grocery shopping in the middle of the market street, despite her being a civilian. What was she doing? She was obviously stronger than the civilians, so why was she...? Shaking his head, he walks up to her.

"Yo!" He exclaims cheerfully. The civilian looks at him, eyes sharpening when he called to her. Her confusion was shown clearly upon her face. Turning to him, the civilian waves, awkward.

He took in her appearance. She was wearing different clothes, and had a fresh smell to her. Her short green hair glistened in the sun, damp.

"Uh, hello, shinobi-san. How may I help?" She replies, shifting her groceries around their bags, putting them in more comfortable positions.

"The Hokage would like to see you. I'm here to escort you." Kakashi flips a page of his Icha Icha. The civilian scoffed to herself, nodding.

"Right, because one of the best ninja in the village would be put on a minor retrieval for a civilian like me," she mutters under her breath, much to Kakashi's amusement. She didn't know why he was chosen to get her, nor why she was going to meet the Hokage. It's as if she thought she did nothing wrong, or abnormal.

yearning. They reached the Hokage's office within a few minutes. Right once the door closed, the civilian spoke.

"I heard you needed me, Lord Hokage?" She asked, wanting to go home and sleep after a nice meal.

"Why did you escape from the hospital?" He asked, Kakashi getting a bit closer to her.

Noticing, she shifted away a bit while replying slowly, "Er, ... Because I wasn't injured anymore?"

"Why were you injured?"

"I was punching trees...? Oh... I'm not a ninja, sir. I'm just eh, skilled I guess? With chakra." The civilian said, awkwardness exuding from her very being.

Kakashi hummed from behind her, making her jump and spin around, a hand to her heart. Seeing who it is, she relaxes a bit and glared.

"Was that necessary, shinobi-san? I know you kill many people, but I'd rather not be one of the ones that died by your hands via heart attack." She muttered, making a few rude gestures before turning back around to face the Hokage.

"Maa, maybe she's a tad too oblivious to be a Jounin." Kakashi stated, getting the civilian to half turn.

"A what? What's a J-Joen... Jounie... Jounin? Is it a food or something?" She asked, looking lost. Both ninja stated at her, having forgotten that most civilians don't know the levels of ninja.

"Kakashi, are you sure you got the right person?" The Hokage asked, ignoring the civilian's 'hey!'.

Kakashi eye-smiled. "Yep. This is the one that felled many trees with just one punch."

The civilian shrugged uncomfortably. "What of it? I do that all the time, though usually I'm a bit more careful so I don't almost die."

They stared at her as she said that as if even the tiniest of children could do it.

"Is there a reason you do that all the time?" The Hokage asked, hiding his disbelief.

"I have anger issues," She muttered with a shrug, more embarrassed over the stares than the fact she has issues. Everyone has issues, might as well subtract one by not being embarrassed by them.

With a twitch of his fingers the Hokage silently told Kakashi to capture her. Neither expected her to actually be a civilian. They were proven wrong when he easily captured her, and a few seconds later she noticed.

"What the hell? When did this rope appear? Why is my chakra gone? What the fuck is going on?"