Chapter One: Nine Lives

Ghostfang's cats: Flamestrike- tom, Ice- she-cat, Pikefin- she-cat, Fadedheart- she-cat, Nyla- she-cat, Shark- tom-kit, and Splashface- she-kit.
Pineflare's cats: Frogsplash- tom, Dawn- She-cat, Stork, tom, and Lakespots - She-cat
Swiftflame's cats: Owltalon- tom, Flare- tom, Marigoldfoot- she-cat, Quickheart- she-cat, Firekit- tom-kit, Bluekit- She-kit, Lighteningkit - tom-kit, and Blazekit - She-kit
Splashfoot's cats- Dogfang- She-cat, Marshfoot - tom, Dragonfly- she-cat, Adder- tom, and Meadowheart- Golden tabby she-cat

Ghostfang finished laying down the last bed of moss when Flamestrike, Ice, and Fadedheart padded in. Ice was dragging a thrashing burly tom and Fadedheart was dragging a tortoiseshell she-cat was a swollen belly. Flamestrike was hurling threats at the snarling tom. Ghostfang padded over as Fadedheart and Ice dropped the two cats. The burly tom got up and bolted to the she-cat, arching his back in hostility. "Who are you?" He asked.
"I am Ghostfang, leader of this group. That's Ice and Fadedheart, " She pointed to the she-cats who dipped their heads. "That's Pikefin, our medicine cat, then theres Flamestrike, and over their that's Nyla our queen, and her two kits, Shark, and Splashface." She finished. " Now, who are you? "She asked. "Why should I tell you?" He threatened glaring at her in hostility. "Because if you don't, I can kill you and your mate. I'm sure you see that your clearly outnumbered." She hissed, getting annoyed by the toms stubbornness . She flicked her tail and Flamestrike, Ice, and Fadedheart advanced. Fear sparked in the toms eyes. "Okay, okay, okay, okay. I'm Talon. This is my mate Hummingbird."

"And what were you two doing all the way out here? "
"We came looking for ThunderClan, to see if we could join them."
Sadness and grief hit Ghostfang like a stone. All her cats bowed their heads in sorrow as they remembered their old Clan. Or some of them were part of that Clan. "Whats wrong." The Tom looked confused.
"All four Clans, including ThunderClan are dead." She whispered. "We are whats left of ThunderClan. I don't know if anyone from the other Clans have escaped and tried to rebuild their Clans."
" Escape?" Now Talon looked totally confused.
" A long time ago, an evil cat named Tigerstar brought an evil Clan called BloodClan to the forest to help him take over the Clans. But when the Clans refused, the BloodClan leader, Scourge killed Tigerstar and gave the Clans a choice. It was either fight to the death to keep their home or leave. They chose to fight. The leaders were killed and BloodClan took over. Every one of the noble Clan warriors tried to escaped, but they were captured and killed. So you see, we are trying to bring them back. "
Talon and Hummingbird were bowing their heads in sorrow as they heard the story.

"That gives me an idea. We could be a dawn of new Clans." Flamestrike meowed.
Ghostfang looked up. "What?"
"What I mean is. We could have Ghostfang as our leader. After all she founded this Clan. We could be like um... SpiritClan or um CloudClan. Wait no. How about GhostClan. After the cat who founded it. "
"Ok. Oh and the fallen tree bridge can be where I make my announcements. And of course I'll keep my den where it is. Behind the curtain of vines on the top rock. I'll have to name a deputy. We will have to have the apprentice's den, and queens, warriors, elders, and medicine cat den." Ghostfang meowed.
"Um Ghostfang. I had a dream about the new place where you can get nine lives and I can share tongues with StarClan. It's this golden flower called the Star Flower. "
"Show me." She meowed.
" I'll leave Flamestrike in charge while I'm gone. And do what he says."

Ghostfang trudged through the soggy forest, still wet from last night's rain. Few drops fell from the leaves on trees and plopped on top Ghostfang's gray fur, making her shiver. Wet leaves stuck to her paws and were plastered to her muddy legs. Then the forest opened up to a grassy plain. Scanning the moorland, Ghostfang spotted a rocky cove that looked like a tunnel.
She froze as she picked up a scent. Cat scent. But it wasn't BloodClan. It was almost familiar. "Who are you!"

Ghostfang whipped around and gasped in astonishment to see Swiftflame, Owltalon, and Flare standing before her. "Ghostfang?" She gasped and leaped at her.
" It's really you. I thought you were dead. Oh I escaped with some cats. We are building a Clan, it's called SwiftClan. Wait, if Pikefin is with you how many more cats do you have? "
"Well I brought Flamestrike, Ice, Fadedheart, Nyla and her two kits Splashface and Shark. We also have two newcomers, Talon as Hummingbird. We're on our way to the Star Flower to get my nine lives. Oh and by the way I'm the GhostClan leader now."

" Wait nine lives? I have to come. Flare, you and Owltalon can go back to camp. Tell the Clan where I am and send Marigoldfoot where I am. She can track my scent well after what that mean old DarkClan she-cat did to her. "

"Yes Swiftflame."

"Well Quickheart has had a litter of four of Flare's kits. That's why they ran away with us. They were going to be executed today. Their names are Bluekit, a she-kit, Firekit, a little tom-kit, Lighteningkit, a little tom-kit. And finally, a little she-kit named Blazekit."
They went on and on before they reached the tunnel.
"It should be just down there." Pikefin meowed.
"Ok."
Ghostfang shuddered at the thought of being in the tunnel. She was claustrophobic. And that was a very enclosed space. She followed Swiftflame and Pikefin down the tunnel when they heard a set of paws thrumming close to them. "Get down." She hissed. But then Marigoldfoot tumbled in.
A sigh of relief escaped Ghostfang's mouth. Then an even bigger gasp escaped her mouth as she stared in awe at a beautiful golden flower. The sun shone through a hole in the ceiling and made the flower glow. Then two petals drifted off of it.
"You have to eat one petal. One petal drops when one cat needs to share tongues with StarClan."

Ghostfang was about to lap up a petal when two more fell. She heard four more sets of paws and Pineflare, Splashfoot, Meadowheart, and Lakespots, stumbled in. Ghostfang gasped once more as she saw her old friends. They shared news such as Pineflare was now leader of PineClan, and Splashfoot was now leader of SplashClan. "Well we have to eat a petal."

Ghostfang lapped a petal and winced at its tang. Then it went black. She woke up in a beautiful forest where her mother appeared. "SpiritCloud! I missed you so much. Oh Smokeheart!" Joy flooded her heart as her mother and father came. "I missed you too. Now it's time to give your nine lives." She touched her nose to Ghostfang's forehead and pain racked her body. " With this life I give you wisdom. May you make the right decision to help your cats. "
The ceremony went on. Each life more painful than the previous one. Firestar gave her power. Smokeheart have her strength. Cinderpaw gave her justice. Emberfox gave honor. Feathernose gave her courage. Wingstar gave her the power to be open on her Clanmates ideas. Hopewing gave her the power of leadership and Bloodclaw have her the power of redemption. The last life made her fall to the ground squirming with pain.
Then it was gone. She got up, feeling as if nothing happened. "And now I call by your new name. May your leadership last and you make the right decisions. Ghoststar.

The crowd of spirited cats chanted her new name. Pride and love swelled over her, warming her up.

Ghoststar jolted awake. Pineflare, Splashfoot, and Swiftflame waking up soon after. "Well I better go name my deputy." Ghostfang meowed before heading out with Pikefin.

Sorry for The short chapter guys. But I promise the next one will be longer and WAY more exciting. I promise.

................ -Nightfang11