"I know nothing happened between them because—"

"Because what?" Tyler asks, his head tilted to the side. "Because you think Klaus wouldn't cheat? He's a thousand years old, you think you wouldn't bore him? What do you think happened when you and Klaus got in a fight that night your house burned down. He was furious you defended me, he probably used Hayley to calm himself down. I mean, that's probably why she was staying with him for a few days."

"Tyler, stop it." I avoid eye contact with either of them. Trying not to let his words get to me.

"Can't believe you'd actually believe some bullshit excuse so the witches could have an advantage of Klaus and his child. Sooner or later you'll find out the truth."

I didn't even know how he found out about the witches and how he knew all the background info. I guess words do spread around here.

"Nothing happened between Klaus and I. I swear." Hayley tells me, but I still refused to look into her eyes. "I only came to look for my family, that's it."

"Believe whoever you want. But, who's theory sounds right?" Tyler states, standing back up and moving towards Hayley. "Speaking of your family. I've been roaming around the Bayou, asking questions. Let me tell you what I learned!"

He pulls down Hayley's sweater sleeve a birthmark a shape of a crescent is visible on her shoulder. "This crescent birthmark means you come from a big-shot family. Some kind of royalty for the werewolves of this region. And right here—" He gestures around him, "this is all that's left of them." Which is no one.

The more I look, the more shacks and tents made of blankets that are shown. At the corner of my eye, I spot a blonde girl standing near a tree. Hayley immediately gets up and shows her tied hands. "Hey! Help us!"

The woman is startled and immediately runs away. I roll my eyes. We're never getting out of here.

"They can't help you! They're in the woods, hiding, because they were persecuted for decades by vampires." Tyler explains in a harsh tone.

A man appears a few seconds later and points to Hayley, "Is that her?" he asks and Tyler sighs with a nod. "Yeah, Dwayne. Get them both inside."

§

Dwayne's lifeless body falls to the ground after Tyler snaps his neck. Tyler drops the syringe that was full of Hayley's blood from her stomach until he injected it into Dwayne.

My hands are tightly secured by zip ties against the wall and Hayley's sitting right next to me in the same dilemma. My eyes have been searching anywhere to cut this zip tie, but nothing has seem to catch my sight.

I watch in silence as Tyler drags the dead body to the opposite side of the wall. "Don't get all judgy! Dwayne knew what he was getting into. He volunteered!" Tyler spats at the two of us.

"For you to kill him?" Hayley questions with a skeptical tone. "Dwayne is a werewolf who died with your blood in his system. The same blood you share with your hybrid baby."

I put two and two together, and realized what he's doing. "Wait, are you trying to turn him into a hybrid? That's not even possible... Hayley doesn't even have the—"

"Petrova gene? Doesn't matter. I've been running with wolf packs all over the country. One of them was tight with a witch. She had nightmare visions about your baby and how Klaus could use its blood to make an army of hybrid slaves."