4

"It's nice to meet you, Y/n. I sincerely hope you enjoy you're stay in Inkwell." Elder Kettle smiles, taking a sip of his tea. "Thank you." You said. The cup brothers drank their chocolate milk, telling Kettle how they showed you around and such. Kettle chuckled, then looks as though he just remembered something. "Oh! That reminds me, where will Y/n stay?" The cup brothers looked at each other then at you, you too weren't sure about it either.

"I uh, haven't really thought about it until now.." You say sheepishly, becoming interested in you're shoes once more. Kettle hummed, thinking. "You can stay here miss y/n, until we find you a place of you're own." "Oh, I couldn't possibly-" "I insist," He smiled, "You're welcome to stay." You smiled back."Thank you."

~Time skip brought to you by author-chan not knowing what else to put~

It's been a few weeks since you first got here, and everyone was very kind. Moe tato isn't as suspicious of you, you spent a lot of time hanging with Weepy, and sometimes Psy or Hilda will hang out too. You haven't seen Cagney since your guys first meeting, but you thought nothing of it as you walked to Porkgrind's, humming a faint tune. Things were so peaceful in Inkwell, everyone seemed so happy. "Heya Y/n!" Porkgrind greeted you as you walked in, "Hiya!"

"What'll it be today?" He chuckles, leaning on the front counter. "Hmmm.." You took a quick glace around the shop, "Got any empty journals lying around, that can be used for writing and such?" "Empty journals..." Porkgrind repeated, rubbing his chin. "Well, not from what I can see here. But I can check in the back to see if any are there, if ya want." You nodded, "Alright." He chuckled and dissapeared into the back of the shop.

You sighed and leaned on the counter, even though life here is great. You couldn't help but miss you're old one, sure living in Derry wasn't the best, but you had amazing friends that were exactly like family. And just a miles from the town lied a very important mountain.

Well, important to you anyway. That mountain, despite it's many legends and tales of monsters who eat children, was the best and worst thing to happen to you.... "Ah! Here we are!" Porkgrind came out from the back with three journals in his arms, "Last in stock until a new shipment arrives, too. You're lucky."

He set the journals on the counter as you straightened up, sliding the journals closer to you. "How much do I owe you?" "Well, they're six coins a piece. But since I know ya, I'll give a discount! Four coins for all three." You nodded and handed him the coins, taking the journals. "Thanks! Have a good day!" "You too miss y/n!" You chuckled and walked out of Porkgrind's shop. Only to walk into someone. You damned you're clumsiness.

You fell back and dropped the journals, "Oh! I'm so sorry!" You said reflexively before looking up to see who you ran into....