2

~Cuphead's POV~

Me and Mugman were playing in front of Elder Kettle's house, shooting down targets we've set up. It's been about a few months since Mugman and I defeated the Devil and that no good King Dice. Things sure have been more peaceful since, former debtors no longer have to worry for their souls. Or one of the Devil's lackeys coming for their contracts for him.

Anyway, Mugman shot down the farthest target when we saw the root pack pass by in a quickly, followed by Hilda and Goopy le Grande. I looked at Mugs and we both ran toward them to see what's wrong. "Hey guys! What's the big rush?" I asked, "T-There's some kind of weird anomaly o-on isle 3 n-near Cala's place, we're going to check it out." Weepy said, looking more worried than usual. "Yeah, worst case scenario the Devil is back." Psycarrot mentioned, "But we kicked his tail!" I countered. "And not to mention everyone else in the casino as well." Mugman muttered.

"Well, there's still a chance or could be." Hilda reasoned, the rest nodding. "Then we'll come with you!" I stated, walking ahead of them with Mugman close behind. "It's dangerous!" Weepy spoke, "So was fighting all of you, and we made it." Mugman shrugged. "Besides, if we defeated the Devil once we can do it again." I finished, looking at the group with a stubborn look. Goopy sighed, Moe tato just huffed. "Alright." He said gruffly, "But at least get Cagney, I don't think he has heard about this thing yet."

Mugs and I nodded, heading the direction of Cagney's garden.

~Cagney's POV~ (•O• such many pov change)

"Are you sure?" I asked, looking up from a bundle of orchids I was tending too. Cuphead nodded, "Yes! Hilda, Goopy, and The Root Pack were all heading there in a rush. It must be really urgent." Mugman said, This must be serious then... "Alright I'm going, you two can go ahead. I bet you guys are just dying to see it, aren't you?" Cuphead nodding quickly a large small spreading along his cuppy face, Mugman looked more cautious about it when he nodded and they took off.

I sighed and pushed myself up from the ground, and started to make my way towards Cala's.

~Author POV~

The bosses from every Isle arrived at Cala's, where she had her arms crossed and resting on the part of the dock. She had a worried expression on her face, "So where's the anomaly Cala?" Rumor asked, looking side to side. "It's over past that way," Cala gestured just a bit farther down the dock, where a bright white thin sphere was. It was floating not far from the ground, it looked to be nothing inside it.

The bosses were all flabbergasted at this, Cuphead went to walk forward but Grim held him back with his tail. "We don't know how dangerous this this is, best n-not to go straight at it." Cuphead nodded, stepping back. Magman slightly glared at his brother,  but shook it off quickly when a voice was heard from the portal....

~Y/N POV~

You stared at the other portal as it grew closer, you floating toward it faster and faster as you got closer too. Which as very worrisome to you. You heard voices faintly echoing from the portal, you couldn't quite make out what they were saying but they sounded worried? Defensive? Unsure? All three? You felt slightly dizzy the closer you got, and felt like you're going a million miles an hour by this point.

You put you're arms in front of you and shut your eyes in pure reflex as you shot out of the portal head first with a scared squeak. You scrapped across the wooden floor, earning some scratches and cuts. You're legs swung above and over you, so you landed on you're back with a loud thump. You're arms and back ached, you let out a groan but you kept you're eyes closed. You heard some gasps and muttering. You opened you're eyes, a semi-cloudless sky greeting you. "Golly.."

You turned you're head to the side, in the direction of the voice and saw two familiar cup brothers, along with every cuphead boss (minus all the bosses from inkwell hell) stareing back at you. You're eyebrows narrowed, "D-Did I die?" You said, wincing as you slowly sat up. "Nope! You're alive!" Mugman chirped. "Tha-thats good.." You flopped back onto the ground with a 'oof' and blacked out.