Zoe shook her head, hiding her smile. The song that was playing was This Town by Niall Horan. Now that Zoe had thought of it, Ben had exclusively listened to sad love songs during the entire ride. She wondered what that situation was about, but she didn't ask. It really wasn't any of her business.

"This Town is really your favorite song?"

Ben narrowed his eyes at her, and bit his lip.

He admitted reluctantly, "No."

"Then cry me a bridge and get over it."

"I don't think that's how it goes."

"What do you know about English idioms?"

"It's either 'cry me a river' or 'build a bridge and get over it'. It can't be both," Ben said.

"Why not?"

"That's not how English idioms work. You should know, Miss Columbia." He laughed to himself. "That'll suck, having to speak English all the time."

"I think my roommate is from Quebec,"  Zoe said, while fiddling with the radio stations, before pausing. "You know what, I'd rather speak English before listening to that ugly Quebecois accent."

"That's rude!"

"It sounds like they're swallowing light bulbs! It's not French!"

Ben laughed. "I think that's the meanest thing I've ever heard you say."

Zoe finally found the station she was searching for, the heavy metal station, and leaned back in her seat satisfied. Some man screamed through the radio about crashing a wedding and Zoe knew she wasn't falling asleep any time soon.

"I think it's the truest thing I've ever said."

Ben huffed to himself, switching lanes. Zoe stared at the buildings they passed, all eventually blurring together once Ben started going faster. Paris was getting closer and closer.

And when they did finally arrive, Zoe was right. His room did, in fact, have a view of the Eiffel Tower.

For many, the night was still young. The streets were bustling and many different languages were spoken. Unlike many people, Zoe could never get tired of Paris. There was just too much to do. So much to see. It was like a different city every day to her. She stared down from the balcony, watching people go into cafés and bars.

Zoe turned around and realized how big the room, or suite, actually was. There was a king sized bed, a fully sized kitchen, three couches and a state of the art bathroom. There was even a jacuzzi in the corner of the room. She knew Ben was rich, but it was a lot to take in. Something was definitely off about the room, though. But Zoe brushed it aside, because when else would she ever be in a room so grand?

"How long are you staying here?" She asked him as he sat on the bed, taking off his shoes.

"Three nights. I'm leaving tomorrow. Or tonight."

Zoe walked back into the room, closing the balcony doors behind her. She watched with red cheeks as Ben took off his shirt with the ease only boys have. A realization dawned upon her.

"I don't have any clothes to sleep in," she told him, sitting across from him.

Ben looked at Zoe, then back at his suitcase, and then back at Zoe. He unzipped it and tossed a large t shirt at her.

"Thanks," Zoe said, before disappearing into the bathroom, which probably cost more than her entire life. She silently screamed at herself in the mirror. She was in Ben's hotel room, about to put on his shirt, and by the looks of it, about to sleep in the same bed. She squeezed her eyes shut and told herself to get it together. She had to play it cool. Otherwise she would probably never get the chance to speak to Ben again. He was getting more famous by the day, and he would get harder to reach the more out of his orbit she was.

So Zoe took in a deep breath and stripped, before slipping on Ben's t shirt over her body. It was clearly worn in, soft to the touch, and even smelled like Ben. Like hair gel and vanilla. It was weird, but it suited him. Zoe splashed water on her face and exited the bathroom, to see Ben already curled up in the bed with the lights off.

Zoe climbed in on the opposite side, snuggling into the comforters. The air conditioning was on full blast. And the mattress lived up to Zoe's expectations. It was like sleeping on a cloud. She sighed to herself, already dozing off, when Ben spoke up.

"Goodnight," he whispered. Zoe opened her eyes, and even in the dark, she could tell he was staring at her.

"Goodnight," she responded, and tucked her hands beneath her pillow, staring back without shame. If he could do it, she could do it too.

"I still haven't figured it out yet," he said, alluding to their conversation at the pizza place.

"Let me know when you do."

With that, they both fell asleep to the sound of Paris breathing around them.

**
thoughts? vote + comment <3
p.s if an entire phrase/sentence is in italic, that means it's being said in english.