Nightmare

Stacey POV:

I scream as I sit up in bed, sweat dripping down my face and neck. This nightmare was more vivid than the regular ones I had had before. My breath came out in short pants,  as I attempted to calm down before waking anyone up.Once my breathing was semi normal I quietly got out of bed to make a cup of tea. It seemed like a routine at this point ever since I was taken; waking up at 2 in the morning, and having to calm myself down into a false sense of security.

I shuffled through the main room and into the kitchen. My hands were still shaking from panic as I opened the cabinet and grabbed the familiar pink mug. Putting a pot of water on the stove top to boil, I leaned on the counter and continued to take in short, choppy breaths.

"Are you alright, Stace?" A voice quietly asked, startling me.
I turned to see Steve leaning on the doorway.
"Mhm, just couldn't sleep." I shrugged my shoulders
No one needed to know about the demons that plagued my sleep. I watched as Steve looked at me.
"Why are you lying to me about your well-being?" he pressed.
"I'm not." I snapped as he water began to boil on the stove

I turned and poured the boiling water into the mug and hurried off past Steve and back down the hall. Before I made it into my room, he pushed in front of me and blocked my path. Instead of arguing with him I tried to duck underneath his arm. He caught me, however, before I could even attempt and quickly swept one arm under my knees and the other cradling my back to picked me up.  It was a miracle that I didn't spill my tea everywhere as he carefully held me against his chest as carried me into my room

"Nightmares, I presume?" He whispered as he gently set me down back on my bed before taking the cup of tea out of my hand and placing it on the bedside table.
 I nod tiredly and wonder in the back of your mind how he knew about your nightmares.
"You wanna talk about it?I know what it's like to have them." He continued.
I shook my head no, looking away from him.

Steve sighed before moving to the other side of the bed and crawl next to me.He wrapping his arm around your waist and buried his face in my hair. I tensed for a few minutes causing him to tighten his hold on me. He then pulled me into a warm cuddle. I eventually relaxed and cuddled into him, feeling save.

"I'll protect you from the nightmares." He whispered to me, kissing my head.
"I love you daddy Steve." I whispered, half asleep.
"I love you too Stace." He said, looking down at me as I slowly fell asleep.