Elena chuckled as she stopped by the them. Holden poured himself some coffee as he glanced at Izzie. "You know... We never really talked about you two being together again," she began as Elena met eyes with Holden.

"Yeah," Elena scratched her head a little as Holden smiled before taking a sip of his drink. "We're good. Really good."

"Was this the talk?" Damon questioned as his eyes kept going from Elena to Holden then Izzie. Holden nodded with a smile so Damon smirked. "Perfect."

"Hello?" Kai suddenly spoke from the front door causing everyone to turn to the sound.

"No. That's impossible because why would he..." Izzie trailed off as Damon closed his eyes hoping.

"He didn't. He's all merged, he's packed, and he's on his way to Portland!" Damon exclaimed loudly when Kai walked into the kitchen causing Holden to place the coffee mug down.

He walked over to stand behind Elena as Kai smirked at them. "Ooh! Forgot how massive this house was," he smiled as his eyes found cupcakes. "Yum! Cupcakes! Sorry. Am I interrupting something?"

"What the hell are you doing here?" Holden questioned angrily.

"Funniest thing," Kai smiled nervously as something about him was off. "I need your help."

Kai then took out a letter as Elena stared at it in confusion. "Why would we give a letter to Jo?"

"I haven't been able to find her using a locator spell, and, you know, good on her because under normal circumstances, I'd superjazzed to gouge out her belly button," Kai rambled as he ate the frosting on the cupcake with his finger.

"Why would any of us help you, Kai?" Elena asked again as she crossed her arms over her chest, glaring at someone who killed his own brother because of the merge.

Kai pointed to himself. "Well, in case you haven't figured it out by now, I'm a sociopath," Elena pretended to be shocked. "I know. Shocker. I like being a sociopath. You know, I'm not burdened by things like guilt or love. So then this merge happened with my brother Luke, and I won, which was great because I absorbed his ability to do magic, but now I can't stop thinking about how Luke died, how Liv's life is ruined. For some horrible reason, I can't shake how badly I feel about it," Kai then sighed in frustration.

"You feel bad?" Izzie spoke with a surprised tone as Kai nodded his head.

"Yes. So when I absorbed Luke's magic, I must have gotten some of his qualities or something like empathy," Kai explained as he looked troubled by it. "So I googled how to process emotional pain, and they said if you write everything down in a letter and burn it, you'll be healed. So I started writing, and this water literally started pooling in my eyes. Has that ever happened to you, like-like water jus-just oozing out of my eyeballs like I'm some alien creature excreting fluids..."

Holden let out a dull laugh. "You mean you cried," Elena corrected as Kai clicked his fingers as if he was looking for the word.

"Yes! After that was done, I burned the letter, and the feelings -oop- were still there. So I really feel strongly that Jo needs to know how sorry I am for destroying our family, but let's face it, guys, all right?" Kai then turned to Izzie for some reason. "I mean, Izzie, you of all people should be willing to look past the questionable things that I've done to see that there's- there's good somewhere in me. You did it with Damon."