The man clicks through his computer for a moment before looking at me again. "I don't have anything for you, Mr. Johnson. I'm sorry."

I roll my eyes as he calls me Madi's last name. "Okay, thank you. Please let me know if you get anything."

The man nods politely. "Good ni-"

"Whatever," I mutter, stomping towards the stairs.

I call it and pull out my phone, tapping Madi's name and then Call before holding it up to my ear. It rings and rings, and eventually I hear a very high-pitched voice say "This is Madi J! Leave me a message... or don't!"

I climb the three flights of stairs, smiling wistfully at young Madi's voice and attitude.

I unlock and open the door, shut it behind me, and sink down onto the couch. Now that I've exhausted my options for tracking down Madi, I can't help but feel hopeless. And heartbroken.

I realize that no girl has really done that to me before. Broken my heart. Elise is the first one. I feel a little bitterness seep into my heart because of the fact that she was the first girl I loved. Yeah. I loved her. I never told her, and now I'm glad I didn't.

Hearing her tell me she loves me and knowing she was using those words as a weapon with which to conquer me nearly shattered my heart.

In the silence I recall that I was sitting on Elise's bed, kissing her, in her bed, only a little while ago. I stand up, brushing nothing off myself, suddenly feeling repulsed, disgusted at where I and my clothes have been.

In the empty hotel room, I tear my clothes off myself and carry them to a window, cranking it open and chucking them out into the night air. I watch them fall slowly into the canal below, where they disappear from my sight.

Naked, I walk to the shower and clean myself with as much soap as I can lather.

Once I'm done, I sink back into the couch and lean my head back onto the cushions.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to sit here and think about either Elise or Madi.

I'm suddenly aware of how exhausted I am. I had a busy day, I think. No I fucking didn't! I'm Martin freaking Garrix and I think that was a busy day? Good thing I have my contract back since I'm becoming a total baby.

I'll just rest for a few minutes.

*******

I'm startled awake by footsteps. I sit up so quickly, fists formed, ready for whoever's ready to fuck me up.

And it's that motherfucker. I don't know his name, but I'm surprised to say that I'm happy to see him.

Or, should I say, who he's got with him.

He's just opened the door (with Madi's room key, I assume?) and is helping her get into the room, his arm wrapped around her waist. My nostrils flare and I growl. The boy's head jerks up at the sound, and he sees me standing (threateningly) in the center of the room.

He jumps, almost knocking Madi, who I've never been so happy to see. "Oh, thank god," he says in Dutch, "Hey, man. Can you give me a hand?"

"Yes. What kind of question is that. Get away from her." I suddenly realize the state she's in. She seems half asleep. Shit. She must be drunk, or drugged, or something. What if this guy was just hoping I wasn't here when he brought her here? I swat him away, wrapping one arm around Madi's slim waist and another around her knees, sweeping her up bridal style.

"Heyyy... It's DJ Martyyy!" She slurs. Thank God she's conscious, although I could do without what she just said in front of the idiot still standing in my hotel room.