Chapter 4

I open my eyes and see a room around me like nothing I remember. The air in the room I'm in smells crisp, strange almost, but not a bad strange. My eyelids feel heavy and I can barely stay awake. I turn over in the frumpy mattress that you can feel the metal of the bed's bars through, and I am greeted by a friendly face.

"Ah good! You are awake! Now take these!" The person says, shoving a load of bottles, cups, and jars in my face.

"W-where am I? Who are y-you?" I say sleepily.

"You are in health room 3, I am Nurse Wilson or Mrs. Wilson, your choice, I don't mind." The nurse says whilst flipping off caps from some of the jars.

"What do you remember, honey?" She said twisting off some lids from a couple more bottles.

"All I remember is being in the hallway with Joel, we were planning a-" I paused, I didn't want to say anything about our date in case someone overheard, "something, we were planning something. After that- nothing, I guess I just crashed." 

"Ah- good, no memory loss." She said pouring a few pills into a pill-bottle cap.

"What happened?" I asked curiously.

"You blacked out, honey." She said walking towards a cupboard.

I turn onto my back into the thin-mattressed, grey metal bed and stare at the empty ceiling.

Knock, Knock

"Ah, come in, come in!" The nurse says generously.

I look up and see a manly figure, with thick brown hair and beautiful dark eyes.

"Is she awake?" I hear a kind voice ask.

"Yes, she has been for a little while now." The nurse says directing the person towards my bed.

"Lizzie! You're okay?" He asked.

"Joel, of course, I am." I say excitedly looking up at Joel.

"Mr. Joel here has been a huge help, he's come every hour of the day to check up on you including lunch, he's helped me with anything and everything involving your health!" She said delightfully.

"Anything for you," He said with a rather pink shade to his cheeks.

"He even carried you here! You are a very lucky young lady to find someone as kind and generous as Joel." She said as she strolled out of the room.

"I know," I said looking up at Joel and turning pink too.

We went silent for a while, just staring at each other, we were the only people on earth, it was silent but amazing.

He broke the silence with a question.

"Are we still on for Saturday night? Do you need rest?" 

I blushed, I was so embarrassed that not only did I puke in front of him but I also fainted and he was still wanting to out with me!

"Of course!" I said happily.

  "Looking forward to it!" He said kindly.  

He wrapped his warm arms around me, kissed my forehead and walked out saying goodbye.

"See you then!" I squeaked turning red as a tomato.