Chapter 10: A Thousand Years

Start from the beginning

“But she’s on a comatose state because she lost a lot of blood and her head got hit very hard on what I guess was the windshield of the car. I’m very sorry but we’ll just have to wait and you can see her now.” The doctor continued then he left.

I haven’t stopped crying since I saw Blaire got hit by a car and after I heard that she’s on a comatose state, I cried harder. Everyone hugged me. The girls were crying too, except for Kate. Why is she not crying? The boys were trying to be strong for me, although I can see in their faces that they were worried too.

I went inside Blaire’s room. I made everyone go home already because they needed to rest and I asked Liam if he can tell Blaire’s mom about what happened and tell her that I would take care of her at the hospital so she does not need to go here anymore. I walked over beside Blaire’s bed and I can see that she’s in so much pain even if she’s sleeping. She’s pale because as the doctor said, she lost a lot of blood and then almost half of her body was wrapped in bandages. She had this oxygen thingy attached to her nose and there’s this cable thing that is attached to her heart monitor TV thing. I sat down on the chair on the other side of her bed and I had my head on her bed and before I knew it I was asleep.

-x-x-x-

One month after the accident

*Jio’s POV*

It’s been a month since the whole Blaire accident and Zayn was very much depressed. He goes to school without even caring about how he looks anymore, his skin was now pale instead of his usual tan skin, his eye bags were becoming more visible and he looks very tired; it looks like he will just pass out anytime.

“Hey Zayn.” I said in a sympathetic tone as I walked up to him; he was standing by his locker. He was putting books in his bag and he was about to leave.

“Hey.” He said without even looking at me.

“Zayn, I think you need to rest. You’re stressing yourself too much and Blaire won’t be happy to see you like this. You don’t eat anymore, you always cry and you don’t talk that much anymore.” I hugged him and I felt tears starting to come out of his eyes again. “Shhh, Zayn. Don’t cry. Blaire will get through this. She’s a fighter.”

“How do you know that? It’s been a month since the accident and whenever I go to the hospital after school, I still see her lying on the hospital bed, lifeless.”

“We can’t do anything but wait and hope that she will wake up soon. Can I come with you? I want to visit my cousin too.” I asked him and he nodded.

We walked out of the campus and straight to the hospital. We walked there silently; no one’s saying even a word. Zayn was used to this, every day after school; he would go straight to the hospital and stay with Blaire in her room. He does all his home works there and sometimes he sleeps there too. Sometime Louis or Liam would volunteer that they would be Blaire’s guard for the night but Zayn just would not want to leave Blaire because he wants to be there the very moment Blaire wakes up.

Last weekend, Niall taught Zayn how to play A Thousand Years on the guitar. He would sing it to Blaire whenever he does not have anything to do.