Her clothes were sheded, and she stepped into the shower, the warm water sliding down her skin. She heaved out a sigh, shoulders relaxing.

The water temperature changed, and she frowned. Had she forgotten to pay the bill? Y/N brushed it off, and began rubbing soap onto her skin. As she was rinsing the suds off of her, she was left in pitch black, the only sound she could hear being the running water and the thunderous beating of her heart.

Her hands pulled the shower curtain open, and reached blindly for one of the towels she had hanging up. When her fingers made contact with the rough material, she pulled it towards her, and wrapped it around her soaking wet body. What the fuck?

Her footsteps were soft as she made her way towards her couch, where she'd slung her bag when she'd gotten home.

Y/N's fingers brushed up against something cold, and she pulled it out. Her cellphone. Perfect. She flipped it open, head snapping to the side when the sound of her door being forced open met her ears, resonating around the small apartment.

Holy shit. Shit shit shit. Her hands began to shake, and she slid down from her couch, and pressed herself into the corner as much as she could. What do I do, fuck, what do I do? She dialled nine-one-one, gulping.

"Nine-one-one, what is your emergency?"

"T-There...there are people, in-um-in my house." Her breaths were erratic, and she had to take deep, quiet ones to slow them down. She was afraid, afraid they would find her and do god knows what. First the coffee shop, now this?

"Where are they now, ma'am?"

"I don't-I don't know. I don't know." Y/N anxiously chewed on her bottom lip. "Please send help." She looked up as she heard voices, but her eyes had yet to adjust to the darkness. "Fuck. Fuck."

"The boss wants her alive. So be careful."

A deep chuckle came from one of the intruders. "Hope that doesn't mean we can't bring her back...damaged. What the hell is so important about her anyways?" Her eyes began to adjust, and slowly, the shapes around the room came into focus. She caught a glimpse of one of the men as he picked up a photo from her drawer. "Doesn't look to special."

Y/N clutched her phone tightly in her hands, eyes bugging out of her head as the shadows of the men came closer. She had to move. She shifted her foot, and the movement caused the floorboards to creak underneath her.

"You hear that?" The shadow came closer, and she swore if he looked down, he'd see her.

"What is your locati-" The sound of strangled yelling and pained moans came from outside her apartment, and she watched as the men froze, and began retreating.

Y/N squeezed her eyes shut, heart hammering wildly in her chest.

She just wanted it all to go away. And maybe, just maybe, if she kept her eyes closed long enough, it would. The sound of the fighting got louder, and louder, until it wasn't. Until it was eerily silent.

"Y/N?" Someone appeared around the corner, and their eyes met hers. "Thank god." It was the same man that had been watching her, the one that had been following her around for weeks. The same man she'd believed to be insane.