Dancing

Violets POV
It was another rainy miserable day hiding away with the Quagmires. I, for some reason always seemed to be first awake. I got up as quietly as possible, got dressed and tip toed out of my room heading for the kitchen but then stopped at Duncan's door. I don't know how or why but this boy just seemed to have a hold of me, as I found myself staring at him sleeping (in a non-creepy way) for about five minutes before coming back to reality and going to make breakfast.

It had been about 20 minutes and I had finished making the bacon sandwiches for the others when I heard someone come in the room. I looked to my right and saw no one but then when I looked my left I saw Duncan looking at me with a big smile on his face.

"Morning V" he said before picking me up and giving me a big morning hug.

"Someone's in a good mood this morning" I laughed in reply.

"Well it's hard not to be when the first thing I smell in the morning is bacon and the first thing I see is a beautiful Baudelaire" he grinned. I looked at him blushing and a bit shocked.

"Oh...um...well thanks Dunc" I manage to reply.

"Hey so Klaus and Issy went on a walk so we have the place to ourselves..." he said "So how about we have a little dance?" Duncan walked over to the stereo and turned on some old song I've never heard of.

"C'mon V, show me some moves" he laughed. I started walking to him. It was so hard not to laugh because he was standing in the middle of the kitchen in his pjs swaying about like a weirdo. I kinda like it.

After a while we were full on dancing like crazy people. But the song had to end at some point and when it did I looked up at a the smiling face of Duncan.

"Well...that was fun" I smirked.

"Yeah we have to do it again sometime" he replied. He looked straight into my eyes and whispered "Violet Baudelaire...can I kiss you?" I leant in closer and as our lips were just inches apart I answered "yes". As our lips touched I couldn't help but feel ecstatic. Who knew a morning could be this great?! I was so happy that Klaus and Isadora were gone for the morning. As we broke apart for air we just stood there smiling.

"Vi would you do the honour of being my girlfriend?" Duncan said.

"Of course!" I replied.

"I've been wanting to ask you that since the day I met you." And as he said those words I realised that in all the bad things that have happened in my life this was that one glimmer of hope I've been needing.

Hi guys, sorry for writing such short things but I run out of ideas quite quickly 😅. I hope you enjoyed this one shot story and I was wondering if  you wanted any specific other stories. I was thinking maybe a doctor who story? So just tell me any ideas and I'll see if I can turn them into a good story!

From Maddz💖😂