United - Dick Grayson & Wally West One Shot

AUTHORS NOTE: THIS ISN'T A BOYXBOY FANFICTION. IT'S A BROTHERLY LOVE.

It had been five years since the original young-justice team fell apart. The ones that still dawned their hero named had moved to the Justice League...while the rest turned to alternate lifestyles. Artemis had become Huntress who eventually would move to Mount Olyumpus with Wonder Woman for training. Kaldur had given up the role of Aqualad to assume the position as the true prince of Alantis. Megan had eventually left to go back to Mars, while Connor went to the Justice League as Superman's understudy. And then there was Dick Grayson. No one truly knew what happened to the boy-wonder, but no one dared ask. He had fallen into depression the day that his best-friend Wally West vanished. No body to bury, and only a passed down voice-memo from Impulse. He had hung up his cape, his mask and burried himself into the personal life he never had while he dawned his identity. He was no longer Robin...but a simple billionaires son.

Dick Grayson was no longer the man anyone knew, he couldn't handle seeing Bart in Wally's suit. He couldn't even handle seeing Barry in the news. So he threw out his television. He threw out his cell-phone and comlinks. He threw out his radios and gadgets. And he never picked up the newspapers that now laid pilled on the drive way. He was a mess, a complete disaster. Drinking had become a after-work special. Drugs followed when he could no longer sleep at night. But by the morning, he was at work, everyone he knew around him...a blur of concerned faces. 

It was another late after-noon as the darkened hair male walked out of the bar, eyes casually starring at the limo that was just outside the door. The driver, the butler that had taken care of him his whole life, Alfred. A simple, "I'll walk it off Al..." Sent his driver away with only a concerned look to hte retreating male. He walked slow, his fingers stuffed into his baggy jeans, glasses covering those blue orbs. But this night would be different. 

A sudden flash of red and yellow jolted his senses awake, the little piece of sanity breaking away as he saw his suit. But...it wasn't him. He wasn't that lucky, for Bart was now panting in front of him, hands pressed roughly against his small knees. "Listen, Dick..."

"I don't want to hear it Bart." He had easily shrugged off the male, moving slightly into the street to pass the younger teen. But a hand shot out, grabbing his wrist tightly.

"Just listen for a second Grayson. I need to tell you something." The boy paused, not bothering to listen for consent. "When I first came into the future, the only job I had was to save Flash. That was suppose to correct the future that I lived in. The other day, I recieved a transmission from a friend in the future...it hadn't changed. Nothing did. Now, bare with me a moment. I was doing research, on how fast me and Barry are. We wondered why Wally wouldn't have been as fast as us, even though he replicated Barry's experiment to a T. That's when it hit me, how me and flash can move fast enough to move our particles. Wally isn't dead. He's in the future. I'm not sure when and where. But I can guarantee it. If we can somehow send a transmission to whereever he is, then there is a possibility that we can bring him back."

It was silent, not a single car passing nor a single sound of the world around them. His shoulders rose and fell, a breath sharply taken in. Had he been holding his breath? Muscles tensed, fists clenching. Suddenly the older man turned around, his glasses beginning to fall down the bridge of his nose. "You should have found me when I was sober. So what's the plan?"

It had taken a year or two for the boy-genius and the future-dweller to send a transmission to any universe and time. And only 6 months before Wally West ran back into their lives. He no longer dawned his simple kid-flash suit, but a suit very similar to the Flash's himself. He was taller than Dick, more masculin then he had been. But there was one thing that didn't change. The way his arms wrapped around his friend, and the way that it felt to have a brother again. 

---

The reason in which I wrote this is because Young Justice ended before explaining Wally's perdicament. He isn't dead people! He's in a alternate universe. He grows there.