It was a nice day, but cold. The sky was a pale watery blue. Snow blanketed the ground and the trees were bare. They swayed in the breeze that cut sharp like a knife. Harry shivered. He should have brought a scarf or a hat or something. He shivered again. Suddenly he felt something warm and soft wrap around his neck. He looked down. A Slytherin scarf hung snugly from his neck. He quickly looked to Draco, eyes wide. Draco refused to meet his gaze. Instead he pulled up the collar of his grey sweater. Harry felt a smile tug at his lips but didn’t say anything. He looked ahead of him again and squeezed Draco’s hand lightly. He felt a soft pressure on his own hand for a moment.

The smile on his face didn’t disappear, until they reached The Three Broomsticks. They ducked inside and Draco sighed in relief at the warmth. He liked being romantic, especially towards Harry, but it was bloody freezing outside! Harry saw him shiver and frowned. “Butterbeer?” he asked. Draco nodded and Harry walked up to the bar, still not letting go of Draco’s hand. Harry grinned at Rosmerta. “Two Butterbeers please.” He ordered. Draco stood beside him, smiling at their interlocked hands. Harry tried to tug his hand out of Draco’s grasp, in order to grab the Butterbeers. Draco pouted petulantly and tightened his grip infinitesimally on Harry’s hand. Harry rolled his eyes. “I sort of need my hand to carry the drinks. “ Draco sniffed and grabbed one of the drinks. “Now you don’t.” He grinned smugly at Harry, very proud of his cunning plan. Harry shook his head and grabbed the other Butterbeer, hiding a small smile.

They sat down at a corner booth and that’s when the awkwardness descended. The two looked everywhere but at each other, hands interlocked on top of the table, occasionally taking sips of the warm Butterbeer. Draco coughed lightly. He made an attempt at conversation. “So…I don’t know much about you.” He admitted. Harry sat up and twisted his mug. “Well, what do you want to know?” Draco thought for a moment, before sitting up in his seat and clearing his throat. He eyed Harry conspiratorially. “Favourite colour?” he demanded. “ Silver.” Draco smirked. “How Slytherin of you.” Harry grumbled. “Shut up.” He muttered. He couldn’t tell him that the only reason he said that is because of the stupid bowtie. Draco switched back to seriousness. “Favourite animal?” “Stag.” And they continued like that for a half hour. The questions ranged from simple, meaningless things like favourite food or genre of book to more personal ones like what was life growing up and how is the Muggle world. For someone who supposedly hates muggles and muggle borns, Draco sure had a lot of questions about muggles.

When their second mugs of Butterbeer arrived, Harry switched the questioning around to Draco. His favourite colour? Green. Favourite animal? Cats. All cats. Except the hairless ones. As with Draco, the questions ranged from simple to personal. What’s it like growing up Pureblood? What’s a wizarding childhood like? And so on and so forth until the awkwardness was completely gone and the two were chatting like old friends. “A dress!” Harry laughed. Draco scowled. “It’s not funny Potter! My mother went through a phase! No one else must know of this!” Harry hit the table lightly, doubled up with laughter. “Your mother put you in a dress!” He gasped, then dissolved into peals of laughter again. Draco rolled his eyes. “It’s not that funny.” He grumbled. Harry sobered up quickly. “Sorry. Sorry.” He met Draco’s unimpressed stare and burst into laughter again. “Dracona!” He gasped for air. “Oh, I’m sooo calling you that from now on.” Draco narrowed his eyes, the silver glinting dangerously. “Don’t you dare.”

Once Harry had stopped giggling like a school girl, the two stood up to leave. Draco once again wrapped his scarf around Harry’s neck but couldn’t suppress a shiver when they stepped outside. Harry rolled his eyes and Draco looked around at him when he felt the soft material of his scarf on his neck. He was about to protest when Harry stepped closer and wrapped the other half around his own neck. “There.” He said, satisfied. Draco was almost a head taller than him so Harry had to stand really close to him in order for the scarf share to work. Harry grinned up at him. Draco raised an eyebrow. “It works, ok?” Draco shook his head and smiled a small wry smile. “Ok.” He murmured. They walked hand in hand around Hogsmeade, just talking. Until they came to Honeydukes.

Harry determinedly dragged Draco in to the sweet shop. “Draco! Look! They have Fizzing Whizbees!” he gasped. Draco just nodded, trying not to laugh. Harry really was like a child in a sweet shop. He glanced around, looking at all the sweets, excitedly  even though he’d been there many times before. He detangled himself from the scarf and slipped his hand out of Draco’s. He ran around and came back to him, arms full of sweets. Draco raised his eyebrows in disbelief at the amount of sweets in his arms. Harry had to hug his arms to his chest in order to carry all of them. “I’m getting all of this.” He declared stubbornly. Then promptly went to pay for it all.

Draco shook his head at him when they went outside. He eyed the Fizzing Whizbee Harry was eating. “You’re literally just eating sugar right now.” He commented in slight disgust. “That’s why it’s good.” Harry quipped. They continued walking through the streets and ended up at the Shrieking Shack. Harry gazed at it, remembering the events of last year. “I never knew today was a Hogsmeade day.” He said, still sucking on the sweet. “I must’ve missed the notice.” Draco laughed nervously. “Ahh. Well. That’s because today’s not a Hogsmeade day?” “What?!”

Needless to say, Harry and Draco got detention from a very angry, very hungover McGonagall when they got back to the castle.

A/N: This was literally just a filler 😂😂 But, eh, hope you enjoyed anyway! Pff, the scarf thing. So typically corny. Vote and comment! VOMMENT. Votment?