Hanas Annual Baseball Game

Comenzar desde el principio

To make matters even better, Melina’s dad was coming out of the house too and behind him was… Louis frickin Tomlinson. What the hell?!

“FML.” Melina said not believing her reality.  Weren’t these things only supposed to happen in Soap Operas? Not in real life?  Darren was here being pushed at her by Eva and Kent.  Henry was here, being pushed by both their mothers, and Louis. Louis. Louis was just a force of his own. 

~~~

Louis didn’t even get to enjoy the shocked look on Melina’s face as his jaw dropped when he saw the familiar blonde hair of Darren.  What was he doing here? 

“Who are you glaring at?” Niall asked beside him. 

“Darren,” Louis answered simply. 

Niall started to crack up, finding the situation quite hilarious.  Darren was the same guy that Louis despite never having met, disliked with a passion, when it really should’ve been the other way around. Louis was the one that crashed his date and then stole his date the second time. 

“Louis Tomlinson, what are you doing here?” Melina hissed as she marched right up to him, arms crossed. 

Louis couldn’t help but think she looked quite cute in her baseball get up. Her long auburn hair was pulled up and hidden underneath a baseball cap, a Cubs baseball cap in fact.  She wore an old high school jersey with yoga pants underneath.

“Louis!” Melina narrowed her eyes at him to get his attention.  “What are you doing here?”

“Your father invited me.”

Melina’s jaw dropped.  Her father?! First Eva, then her mother, now even her dad! She was only  twenty! Not fifty and on the road to spinster hood! And as much as it hurt when Rob cheated on her, she wasn’t giving up on all guys, she just hadn’t found one she was interested in!

“What is Darren doing here?” Louis asked crossing his arms this time, demanding an answer.

Melina facepalmed.  “Louis,” was all she said before turning around about to leave, however Louis grabbed her arm before she could. 

Melina barely had any time to react as Louis hugged her from behind. 

“I missed you.” Louis said leaning his head into hers, then let go and stepped back. A grin on his face as he looked in Darren's direction.   

Melina stood there frozen unable to say anything.  Did Louis just? In front of her friends and family…

Louis chuckled when he saw Melina throw her hands up in the air in defeat. 

~~~

“What was that?” Eva hissed as she grabbed Melina’s arm to walk her away from everyone else.

“That’s Louis, Eva.”

“Louis, the one that had your cell phone?”

“Yes,”

Eva looked at her silently, then looked behind her at Louis who was now surrounded by Bradley and her brothers. 

“Well crap,”

“Yes, crap, why the hell did you bring Darren? I can barely look at the guy, I feel so bad!”

“Darren still likes you and I didn’t know about Louis!”

 “I told you that Louis was a thorn I couldn’t get rid of!” Melina hissed. 

“Well I didn’t know that Louis liked you or that he was cute! You didn’t tell me anything about that!” Eva hissed back.