Hanas Annual Baseball Game

Start from the beginning

It was a picture of Louis, posing possibly by the biggest turkey she had ever seen in her life, he had his Ray Bans on, the same ones as that day on the subway, giving her a smoldering look.   Just behind him was Niall with a small girl that looked no older than six, both wearing matching plastic white sunglasses, posing with their thumbs up, and fish lips. 

Thanksgiving with the Mathersons and Ellises.  One Direction style.

Was the caption underneath. 

Melina shook her head as she responded.  After hitting send, Melina sighed and closed her eyes.  Louis Tomlinson, she really had no idea what she was going to do with him. She was still annoyed about all that Louis had done, from spamming her social networks with his name, to ruining her dates with Darren, and then just stealing a kiss like that! The boy was just, just, more than she could handle.  But a part of her was starting to care for Louis and it was honestly impossible to stay mad at the clown. 

~~~

“So you ready to be creamed this year?” Bradley Astor asked her, upon her coming down for breakfast. 

Melina merely glanced at him before going to the fridge and getting herself orange juice.  “I’d call you a moocher, but there’s only one of you and two of my brothers.” Melina poured the orange juice. 

Bradley grinned at her. 

“But not a chance Bradster.”

“We'll see Mel, we’ll see.”

“Are you waiting for my brothers?”

“Yep.”

Melina eyed him, then quickly snatched his breakfast plate. 

“Hey!” Bradley roared. 

“I know what you want to do.”

“So you should know that it’s no use stopping us.” Doran said coming down the stairs, his Mediterranean dark hair still wet from the shower. 

“You three are terrible! Give Ara a break, last year you nearly broke her leg!” She pointed at Doran. 

“But I didn’t!” Doran defended.  “Anyway it’s not my fault she literally tripped just as I was catching the ball.”

“You almost landed on her!”

“But I didn’t, in fact I was the one that was left with a bruised butt.”

Melina facepalmed. 

~~~

Melina looked down at the poor girl that had once again been dragged out to play. 

“Are you sure you really want me on your team?”

“Of cour-” At that moment Melina was distracted as she heard a familiar whistle, Kent’s whistle in fact.  She looked up over at the entrance of the community baseball diamond just to see Eva and Kent entering. Her mouth went agape as she glimpsed the person behind them.  Darren, the very same Darren she had ditched when Louis blackmailed her.  The same one she also was too much of a wimp to call and apologize to.  Melina just watched them, having no idea what to say. 

Melina barely had time to get over her shock when her mother finally came out. She wasn’t alone though. Mrs. Haze was with her, as well was Henry, in a pair of loose quarter length pants and an Underarmour shirt, one that she could swear she’d seen before, but she knew for a fact she’d never seen it on Henry.  In fact she wasn’t sure if she’d ever seen anything remotely athletic on Henry in her life…

“No, oh my god,” Melina said as she suddenly knew why the shirt was familiar.  It was one of the twins’ which only meant one thing.  Her mother was still at it! She’d probably given Henry that shirt so that he could play with them and potentially get closer to her.  Melina just wanted to die, her mother, her mother!