chapter 8. the bathroom

(Y/n pov.)

You wake up sprawled on the floor in the kitchen your head is throbbing. You feel around in your pockets until you realize your pills aren't there. You stumble around with bleary vision till you see a glint of orange and find the bottle. You lean against the stairs and struggle to open the bottle once you get it open you take 2. Can I even take 2 frick it I don't care if I die... Your vision clears partially and the throbbing in your head stops then you realize why your vision was so bad... You can't open your left eye, it's swollen shut. "Great" you mumble while grabbing your backpack running a brush through your hair and throwing on some clothes. You put your hair up in a ponytail and leave the house. Not trusting yourself to skate with only one eye you begin walking your only gole to put some distance between you and those who did this to you. The sun is already risen unlike when you left yesterday. You wonder what time it is when you almost run straight into a biker and at the same time realize your wearing a t-shirt. Well frick.... uou think it can't get any worse until you hear a voice and realize this isn't just any biker...you know him. "Oh my gosh! (Y/n) are you ok!" You look down regretting leaving the house today as the adorable brunette stairs in horror at your arms and then your face. "I'm fine Eddie..." "No your not you look like you've been attacked by something! Also Beverly's house is that way..." he points behind you. "Huh?" You look at him confused. "She called all the losers to a urgent meeting at her place to show us something". Eddie explains in his cute little way still looking at you concerned. Adorable??? Cute?? What the heck am I thinking?!! "Oh uhm...I don't have a phone..." "Well than that explains it". He pats the space on the seat behind him "I'll give you a ride I'm not letting you walk anywhere in that state". Every step you take towards him your heart beat quickens when your finally sitting behind him you grasp the back of the seat and try to touch him in the as little as possible. "Come on" he says "we can't wrist you falling off wrap your arms around me". What the frickkkkkkkkk...oh my fricking goshhhhhhhh... You cautiously wrap your arms around him and he pats them closer to himself and makes sure your holding on tight before he starts off. You find yourself leaning on him as a warm buzzing sensation over takes your body. What the frick is this....he smells good...wait what?!?!?!!! You try to stop thinking as you rest your head against Eddie's back and you find your eyes starting to close..... "We're here (Y/n) Eddie's voice startles you but soothes you at the same time as you slowly peel your self away from him and get off his bike. He hands you an ice pack where the flip did that come from?!?!!! "You made it I-i need to show you something Beverly says then looks at you. Everyone looks at Beverly and then at you and stairs. Stan walls over and stands in front of you in an attempt to take the attention off of you. "What is it?" Asks Ben looking back at Beverly. "More than we saw at the quarry?" Richie says smirking "shut up! Just shut up Richie!" Eddie says. "My dad would kill me if he finds out I had...boys in the apartment". "W-w-we'll-we'll leave a look out R-richie s-s-s-stay here". "You too (y/n)" Eddie adds and you look at him. Then you sigh and nod in a agreement. "Woah whoa whoa whoa whoa! What if her dad comes back?!" Richie protests. "Do what you always do!" Stan says "start talking!" "It is a gift..." Richie says as they disappear up the fire escape stairs. You walkover to the bottom step and sit on it holding the ice pack to your eye. "Sooo...who messed up your face?" Richie asks conversationally. You look at your feet and say nothing why does he care... "Come on..." he insists "were friends aren't we? We all just want to know what's going on so we can help you if you need it". "W-what?" You ask looking at him in disbelief "we're friends?" "I mean if you wanna be" Richie replies now looking awkward. You point to him "your my friend?" "Uh...yes?" Oh my fricking gosh do I have friends?! "You...you care about me?" You ask still not really believing it. "Ya we all do! Your a loser now!" He says sitting down and swinging his arm around you. "Oh...wow..." Richie looks at you "you act like you've never had friends before". "I uhm....I haven't" you say awkwardly. "What?! But your like super cool once you talk...and your really hot". You look at him "what the actual frick?" "Oh come on at least one person has to have called you hot before..." you look at him blankly. "Well frick" he says "you need to live a little!" You roll your eyes at least the one that he can see. Then he gets a serious look on his face. "Back to my original question..." he says while tracing the scars on your arm that's not clutching the ice pack to your face being surprisingly gentle. Realization slides onto his face "you did this didn't you..." Oh shoot he knows! You just nod your head. "(Y/n)..." he says "look at me please?" You look up at him not knowing what to expect. "I'm just gonna throw something out there...I may be totally fricking wrong but just hear me out ok?" You nod your head. "Shooty parents who have mentally and physically abused you would whole life to the point to where your beginning to believe it and the medication is cause of some kind of permanent damage they did, you started to hurt yourself to cope and realized that it helped you feel something and then it just slid into habit and they fear of water is somehow all wrapped up in there? Am I right?" Your jaw drops "oh and don't your fricking dare tell the losers I'm doing all this feelings stuff with you...it'll ruin my image". You smile...a real smile the first one that you've smiles in years and let out a broken sort of laugh. "You should smile more, it's hot" Richie says smirking and wiggling his eyebrows. You flick his cheek and laugh again. "You better not tell anyone else my whole fricking life story now" you say smirking back "or I might just spill that the trashmouth Richard Tozier can be the most fricking caring person on the gosh darned planet!" "You wouldn't dare!" He says faking hurt. "Try me!" You laugh.

(A/n) you can't tell me that Richie isn't a caring person at heart...