False Leads

Regardless of Cyborg's command, Starfire still found herself restless. The storm had calmed down immensely, but that wasn't what was bothering her. Robin could be anywhere, anything could be happening to him. The others still viewed him as their fearless leader, but Starfire had seen him in ways the others hadn't. To her, he already was human, just like the civilians she strived to protect every day. He definitely could take care of himself, that much she knew, but there was a small part of her that worried about him. What if his utility belt was stolen? What if he was weak or surrounded? He was alone...well, alone with whoever kidnapped him. Some maternal instinct sparked inside of her as she reached for her communicator.

I don't know why I am doing this. Surely he won't pick up. She opened it and pressed the connecting button.

"Robin? If you can hear me, will you answer? Please Robin, I am very worried about you."

No reply.

She knew it was eminent, but she was still going to try. She went to shut the lid, when she noticed the four flashing lights on the grid. Three were in the middle of the bay, one was outside the city.

"Robin?"

She blinked a few times before she realized that's what she was seeing. Robin's communicator was still on and they could track where he was. Starfire was ecstatic. She flew into the common room with vigor.

"Friends! Forget the activity in which you are partaking!"

"What is it Starfire?" Cyborg asked without looking up.

Raven peeked an eye out from trying to lock on to Robin's mind, the surveillance footage coming up fuzzy and unidentifiable.

"Make with the haste! I have discovered where to find Robin!"

"What?! Where?!" Cyborg shouted.

She showed her communicator and the flashing point on the grid.

Cyborg cracked a smile. "Whoever this guy is, he's not very smart. Someone go get Beast Boy. We have a leader to get back!"

Immediately, everyone jumped into action, not even bothering to get a vehicle. Starfire and Raven flew, while Beast Boy carried Cyborg as usual.

"According to where his communicator is located, he should be inside the 24 hour convenience store."

"Robin's been captured by a bag boy?"

"Let's just go look."

Inside the store, everything checked out normal. The cashier looked at the Titans in surprise. "Can I help you?" she asked hesitantly.

"We're looking for someone."

"Oh god, is there a criminal in here?!"

"Possibly, have you seen Robin?"

"No sir. The last customer that came through was hours ago. And it was just some old man."

"Do you mind if we looked around?"

"Please do."

They searched through the building, looking in the employee restrooms and back room. Beast Boy looked in the clothing rack. And Starfire peeked in the ceiling tiles.

"I don't get it; it says we're right on top of him..." Cyborg said, looking at his arm.

"Maybe we are," Raven spoke staring at his feet. The Titans collectively looked down to see Cyborg standing on a drain cover.

"Bingo." Cyborg smiled.

Undoing the screws, the team dropped down into the sewer. Star and Cyborg lit the way as the team split up; guys and girls.