When Carlos got to Cecil's apartment, Cecil wasn't home yet. So, Carlos took out his spare key (they both had keys for each others places) and opened the door. He was hit with the scent of his boyfriend. Cecil didn't wear cologne, he just had a natural scent. He smelled like fresh coffee and vanilla. Carlos loved that smell and could never get enough of it.

Cecil got home about half an hour later to find Carlos asleep in his bed. Cecil laid down next to him and climbed under the blankets. He was watching Carlos. Not in a creepy way, but just admiring him. Admiring the way his breaths sounded when they moved in and out rhythmically and the way his chest rose and fell to match them. He liked the way he muttered when he slept and when he occasionally smiled at the dream that only he could see. Cecil loved the way his heart beat when he put his hand on his chest and he loved the way he smelled like burnt-sugar and sandalwood.

Carlos opened his eyes and stared at Cecil. He broke out into a smile.

A smile that could light the entire desert, more so than the mysterious lights that float above the Arby's, Cecil thought to himself.

"Hello Carlos," Cecil said, with a smile creeping on his face.

"Hello Cecil," Carlos said placing a kiss on Cecil's forehead.

"Should I start making dinner?" Cecil asked although he really didn't want to get out of bed.

"No, not quite yet," Carlos said with a mischievous smile as he brought his lips to Cecil's.

Cecil loved the taste of Carlos's lips on his own. He always kissed him whenever he got the chance. It was like he was trying to drink in as much as he could before they broke apart. So many people come and go in Night Vale, but Carlos was his one constant.

His constant, Cecil thought, he is mine and I am his.

Cecil knew this for a fact, because Carlos told him all the time. Carlos always told him that if he wasn't his boyfriend that he probably would have left Night Vale or worse, be dead. Night Vale was not kind to outsiders. Everyone knew this. It was a miracle that Carlos and his fellow scientists even made it into Night Vale alive! Most people who tried to cross the border into Night Vale, which is actually just a long,thin line of dead jellyfish, are disintegrated before their whole body makes it over.

They were still kissing as Carlos got up and began to straddle Cecil. Carlos broke the kiss and began to nibble on Cecil's ear. That was his weak spot and Carlos knew it. He knew he had control of Cecil now.

The tattoos on Cecil's arms began to glow beautiful shades of purple while the ones on his back admitted a dull black glow as they began to rise off of his skin into actual tentacles. Carlos was used to this and thought they were very sexy. Cecil's 'eye' tattoo on his forehead opened suddenly and began to blink and look around, taking in the surroundings that is Cecil's bedroom. But, mostly it saw Carlos staring down at it.

"Well hello there," Carlos whispered to the tattoos, which only popped out occasionally when Cecil's heart was beating too fast.

The tattoos began to entangle themselves in Carlos's beautiful and silky hair, grabbing and pulling on all the places Cecil couldn't reach at the moment.

"Cecil, I love you," Carlos said, but it came out as a whisper.

"I love you too, my perfectly imperfect Carlos," Cecil said as Carlos trailed kisses down the radio host's jaw line and chest.

This earned Carlos a low groan.

"Cecil you are perfect. In every way. I love you, I love you, I love you." Carlos kept repeating this like a scratched CD.