Red Riding Hood's Birthday Gifts: Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

“That’s enough. I expected this from Caleb, but not you Vanessa. I’m separating the both of you. Caleb to the left side of the room, Vanessa to the right. I expect you both in these seats from now on.”

“Yes Mr. Bane.” I said more as a groan then anything respectful.

“Whatever, who’d want to sit next to her.”

“I’m just glad I didn’t die from your B.O.” Truth was he actually smelled heavenly, but I couldn’t let him know that.

“Split up now!” Mr. Bane roared. We did and people started piling into their seats. When the people who’s seats we abducted came Mr. Bane pulled them aside and told them to take our old spots.

The rest of the day passed in a familiar fashion. I’m so glad that I can choose a college far away from any that he’d choose and I can never see him again. I just have to suffer through eight more months and I graduate from this hell hole.

After school I went to the kindergarten to find my sister. I looked around the room and saw that they were separated by gender. The boys were on the left side of the room next to the door that led to the playground and the girls were all sitting around a table doing arts and craft.

I noticed one boy who happened to be staring over at the girls. Not only was he staring at the girls but a certain girl off by herself looking in her cubby, and she was wearing a green and purple witches costume. Ha, I was right, that must be Tanner.

Tanner started to walk over to my sister and he started talking to her. My sister’s face turned into a scowl and she started to cry. I saw a tall figure come and pull the boy back and reprimand him as I went to my sister’s rescue.

“Are you alright sweetie?”

“Why did you make that girl cry?” me and the figure spoke at the same time. We turned to look at each other and had identical looks of hatred on our faces.

“What are you doing here, Fence?”

“I could ask the same as you, but I already know that’s your brother so I don’t need to look like an idiot for caring in any way.”

“Nessie, Tanner called me stupid!” I heard her small voice from my arms.

“See Caleb, Katy was the victim, Tanner was the problem. I watched him walk over to her and talk to her. I saw her face turn into one of hurt before she started to cry. And my sister is the one who needs to be comforted right now, so back off of me before I hurt you. Grab your stuff Katy.” Caleb just stared at me. A few moments later he scowled at me.

“Did you even think to ask my brother’s side of the story before you accuse him of a terrible crime? What happened Tanner?”

“I went over and asked her if she knew why I bullied her, she shook her head and I said that she’s stupid if she doesn’t know why. That's when she started to cry.”

“See Caleb, he called her stupid.”

“I was trying to tell her I like her!”

“What?” A little voice came from behind me, the same one that came from my arms moments before. “If you liked me then you wouldn’t have bullied me Tanner.” She said before storming away.

“Goodbye McDonald, Goodbye Tanner.” I said before walking away myself. At least my sister has the nerve not to like a McDonald. Suddenly I felt a hand grasp the soft fabric of the cape. The hand pulled me back, but not without protest from me. When I felt my back hit a hard chest.

“Goodbye, Fence.” Said a deep voice. If I hadn’t know it came from my enemy, I would have found it quite sexy. I walked away stunned that he’d want to get that close to me since we have hated each other since…well…since forever.