Lately, he had felt so contained and had forgotten what a peaceful walk through the woods felt like. It felt free. It felt soothing. It felt lovely. But before Enoch could enjoy a moment of peace and quiet, his many thoughts and questions came bombarding through the door of his mind. He felt the urge to yell and curse at himself. What an idiot he had been, thinking he could begin to tell Horace and then just.....leave.

A tree to his left began to look very appealing to hit, so thats just what he did. He punched and kicked the crap out of that tree, that stupid, idiotic, worthless plant. The pain in his knuckles was piercing, yet so soothing, but he stopped himself before the bruises on his hand developed.

He huffed and slumped down the side of the tree trunk with his head in his hands. Enoch was no doubt overreacting, but wasn't that what he was known for?

The truth would come to Horace, he always seemed to figure these things out which wasn't helping Enoch's case one bit. The younger boy would have to confess.....

How lovely it would be to grab his adorable face and just kiss him. Neither pf them had ever snogged someone, but he imagined how nice it would be. Enoch couldn't spend one more day staring at his wonderful grey and stormy eyes, his shining toothy smile, or his immensely handsome blonde hair. He couldn't stand listening to the way he gushed on and on about the things he was passionate about, worrying about his outfit even though Horace could absolutely pull of anything, or cleverly teasing the other children with that adoring smirk of his. Enoch would probably melt. Or explode. Either of the two would do the job.

As much as it made him want to jab himself with a knife, Enoch wanted to tell him exactly how he felt. It could go terribly wrong.....or terribly right. If the rest of their time there was going to be awkward and and uncomfortable any way, why not tell the truth and get it over with? Besides, there was a minimal chance that the feelings mutual. It might be tiny, but it was there.

The young boy stood up from his earthy seat and brushed off his dark blue overalls. His legs were slightly shaking and a lump was slowly but surely forming in his throat. Would he even be able to speak? Enoch took a couple deep breaths and walked even faster, too anxious to wait any longer. In just a few minutes, he found himself back at the house, his hand hesitated on the door handle. Was he really doing this? Yes. Yes he was.

When he steeped inside, the children, minus Olive and Claire, were huddled in the living room. Laughter and smiles filled the room, and Horace was the only one to notice him enter. He flashed a smile that made Enoch's heart skip a beat. The younger boy nodded in the direction of the door. Horace furrowed his eyebrows but got up from where he was sitting anyway. The children finally realized that he was leaving, and Emma gave him a sudden wink that startled him.

"What is it, Enoch?" Horace asked once they were both in the hallway. He followed the other to the basement before he answered.

"We need to talk," he muttered. Horace suddenly remembered last night, and he didn't know wether to be nervous or excited. Until now, Horace had never thought about kissing anyone. It made his stomach churn, was it a good thing?

Enoch sat on his bed and looked expectantly at Horace, so he sat down next to him. It was an awkward few seconds. Horace had completely disregarded his previous dream and was only focusing on his best friend. Something was deeply bothering him and of course he was concerned.

"Enoch, y-you can tell me anything," Horace said. He glanced up and locked eyes with his friend, who blushed and turned away. Horace concealed a smile as he waited for Enoch to say something. His heart was having a meltdown and he couldn't quit fidgeting with his hands. The other boy seemed to notice and sighed.

"I.....fuck," he cursed. Horace was about to chuckle at him but before he could let the breath escape his lips, Enoch turned to face him, grabbed his face, and pulled their lips together. As soon as their lips touched, literal shock spread through their bodies. Horace was dumbfounded, but took no longer than a second to reply. His hands were cold but so comforting and gentle and- who cared if they were covered in dried clay and dirt? He wanted nothing more than to stay in this embrace forever.

Enoch was the happiest he had ever been since he could remember, and it wasn't an exaggeration. Horace's lips were so soft and made just for his. As much as he wanted to continue, Horace pulled away at last and gasped silently for air. They stared into each others lovely eyes with their foreheads touching for what felt like eternity before Horace realized what they had just done and smiled, his cheeks turning the darkest shade of red.

"That was the easiest way to tell you," Enoch mumbled. Horace giggled and bird it was adorable. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do just that," he said while his arms lay on the other's shoulders. It was a loving sight but inside, they were both practically bursting with joy and excitement.