"Of course! I'm only human." I reply, reassuringly.

"It happened with Ben Albertson and Braxton, too."

Surprised, that he would feel anyway jealous or threatened by them I say, "Look, its not a big deal. You've never formed a...a..." I struggle to come up with the word I'm trying to find. "Friendship with anyone before. However, we have an understanding, if you want to call it that and I won't be looking for some side action if that's what you're thinking."

"Its not that." He replies, as the doors open.

I shrug, amused by his behavior. "I'm sure the feeling went away as quickly as it came. Colton Neville is still alive, so all is well." I tease, but his serious look wipes the smile off of my face.

"I told him if he so much as looked at you I would destroy him." He states, causing my mouth to open in shock.

I drop my hands and drag my purse to the hotel door, defeated. "You said that?" I whine. "You know its starting to get embarrassing. Once one person knows its spreads to everyone in the company." I complain.

He puts the keycard in the slot and holds it there. Staring at the door blankly. I watch him, curiously. He turns to me slowly, "Embarrassing?"

"Yes." I say, thinking about my response and standing behind my statement. "It's the same argument, I've said it before." I state, unsure of his reaction.

"No, before you didn't want anyone to know I was paying you to sleep with me. Which, I can and do understand. However, being linked to me romantically shouldn't elicit the feeling of, embarrassment."

"I work for you. You know what they'll say, right?" I ask, tiredly.

"Not really." He replies, uninterested. He opens the door and holds it for me. I walk through and toss my purse on the table.

I turn to him and cross my arms. "They're going to say, I'm trying to move up the corporate latter, crotch first. It never ends well, sleeping with the boss it always a lose-lose for the people involved...especially for the woman."

    I should know, I've seen a lot of it at my last job as a paralegal. Lots of flirting between boss and employee, I never got caught up in it and I never wanted to. However, the girls that did play the game received longer breaks and the best cases to work on.

"Does it matter what they say?" He questions.

"Yes, it creates a strained work environment. My coworkers will treat me differently. Out off all the things to say to him, you said that? You could've just mentioned that I am with someone. No, threats just a simple reply."

"I told you. I was angry."

"Jealous." I correct.

He shrugs. "I'm sure our relationship is a rumor already." He replies, simply. Taking off his suit jacket and hanging it up near the door, next to the dry cleaning that needs to be picked up. I mentally make a note to contact the front office to have it done.

"Oh, great idea! We should confirm it for all those who speculate." I reply, sarcastically.

He sits down on the couch. "Its fairly obvious." He remarks, watching me.

"We've been pretty professional, besides that one time." I remind him, thinking about his desk. Not understanding how anyone could come to the conclusion that we're together.

"True, but it hasn't stopped my eyes from devouring every inch of your body every time you walk in front of me." He explains.

I narrow my eyes and sit down across from him, clearly he's not joking. "I guess you have a point, but I still find it uncomfortable for people to speculate, much less know that we are sleeping together."