Chapter 10

William's POV:

To get Alex away from Marcus, William made a deal with y/n to introduce Alex to Candace. .... Alex was his brother, after all. .... since he was still pissed with William, it was probably best that William at least tried to show Alex he trusted him and wanted to get along or whatever.

"... I've actually been seeing someone, and-"

"Wait what?? Who is he??" Alex asked immediately, tilting his head. William growled to himself, shaking his head.

"... damnit, I have to stop introducing the situation like that.... Alex, I'm not gay. Her name is Candace, I want to know what you think of her."

"........... oh. Alright." Alex replied, seeming just as confused as you had been when William clarified he was dating a girl. Still shaking his head, William sighed.

".... she's been bugging me to meet you ever since we got together, and... well, being the only blood related family I have, I guess she'll have met everyone that matters." William shrugged, glancing down at his younger brother who still seemed to be processing that William wasn't gay. ....

"...... alright I guess." Alex replied, watching as a girl crossed the street before catching sight of them, breaking into a grin. She approached them happily, hopping into Williams arms as he chuckled and caught her with ease before setting her down.

"Hey William!! And you must be Alex!" She smiled, looking down at the boy happily. Alex smiled back and nodded, waving at her in response but not saying anything. William raised an eyebrow at his brother; wasn't like him to not respond at all.

"Yes, this.. is my brother. Alex, meet Candace. We've been together since... well. Since dad died, I guess." William stated, glancing down at Alex to see his reaction. He just watched the, both quietly, still not responding. Candace hugged William at mention of Harvey, and William tensed up a bit, still not exactly used to physical affection. He was getting better, though.

"I'm gonna grab some tea, do you want anything?" William asked, glancing at his lady friend. She shrugged, shaking her head. Finally, Alex spoke.

"I'll come-" he stated, following his brother into the nearest coffee shop until they were out of earshot of Candace.

".... I dont like her." Alex stated simply. William blinked a few times, staring at his brother.

"... Alex. You've hardly been around her for a minute."

"She gives off a bad vibe."

"Alex, you're ridiculous." William rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. Alex shook his head in response.

"Really! I mean it. Something about her is just.. wrong."

"Alex, I think you're just not used to the thought of me dating. You never liked change. .... by the way, you can't tell anyone about this, alright. Jim will kill me if he finds out, and then I will come back just like you did and kill you." William threatened, glaring at his brother. The kid really pissed him off sometimes...

Alex's POV:

Frustrated by his brother's ignorance, Alex made his way back to Candace to see how she acter one on one. He had also seen her watching Alex and William talking from the window of the shop.

".... everything alright?." She asked, although Alex noted the clenching of her fists and her impulsive shifting of weight. Something was definitely off....  

".... I think I'd better go home. Tell William I'll see him later." Alex smiled, before hopping off back to Jim's building  .... regardless of William's threat, Alex had a feeling he should definitely tell jim... not necessarily just to rebel, but.. just to be safe. 

He needed a second opinion on Candace, even if it's from someone he disliked even more.