“They’re pointless. They aren’t even real. Besides, their job is to scare the shit out of you.” Yuto says cooly, running his hand through his hair.

               “Or you’re just scared.” I chuckle. “But ok whatever you say Mister Adachi.”

               Yuto rolls his eyes but keeps a small smile on his lips. It’s quite ironic because he looks like a tough guy yet he‘s scared of horror movies.

                “What’s your favorite memory as a child?” I ask.

                “I don’t know. Too many to mention. Everything was fantastic when I was a child. I grew up as a child with a family to rely on. It was great. So in response to your question, my whole childhood years, they were amazing— the best years of my life.” Yuto replies, a small smile tugging on the corner of his lips.

                “Lucky for you.” I comment on with a sigh. The happy vibe is now replaced with a more serious one. Yuto noticed the sudden change in my tone so he shifts closer to me and looks at me with worried eyes.

                “Why? What’s wrong?”

                “I wonder what it feels to actually have an amazing childhood. I don’t even know if I had one. Heck, I don’t even remember a single thing about my childhood years.” I told him and he had this shock look on his face.

                “You don’t remember anything from before?”

                “I don’t.” I muttered in distress. “All I know is that I got into a really bad accident with my parents and that I had completely forgotten about it and that I lost my parents after the incident. Hongseok told me that I was just 10 when it happened. It’s been eight years and I still can’t quite figure out what the hell happened that day.” I spoke bitterly. Yuto looked at me sadly and tears were already threatening to spill from my eyes.

                “You can’t remember anything? Not even a thing? A single bit?”

                I shook my head in response. “I tried to but there was no point. You know the feeling of trying to grasp something but you can’t because everytime you do, it just keeps on slipping off from your hands? That’s the feeling of trying to remember something that is not even in your memory.”

                Yuto had his mouth shut and I’m glad he did. At this point, I just want someone to hear my thoughts and just accompany me as I pour all of my heart out. I’m just thankful that ‘that’ someone is Yuto. I don’t know how I’d explain this but whenever I’m around him, I feel so comfortable. I know we had a rough start but somehow, in some ways, he found his way crawling back to me and every time he gets nearer, I can’t do anything but to let him in.

                “That’s a tough situation you got there.” He spoke softly. “Don’t worry Kiel. We’ll figure this out.” He smiles at me reassuringly. “But do you want to know your past?”

                “Ofcourse I do. I want to know how I ended up being like this. My past is surely taking a large part of who I am as a person. I want to know what I was before and if I’m still that person from before.”

                “I want to remember the people behind my existence. It’s so frustrating because I can’t even remember what my parents look like. My mind gets all blurry when I try to reminisce everything from before.”

                “Have you tried asking your brother?”

                “I did.” I sighed in dismay. “He keeps on telling me the same story but not the whole story. Sometimes I feel like Hongseok’s hiding something from me. Like he doesn’t want to tell me what really happened before. I wanted to ask him. To ask him to tell me all but I think it would be unfair for him.”

                “How come it’s unfair for him? You can’t remember anything. You deserve to know the truth and Hongseok is the only key.”

                “That’s the point Yuto! I can’t remember a single damn thing and he does! Don’t you think it’s hard for him to keep on going back? Good for me because I can’t remember anything. I won’t be feeling hurt and devastated over something that I don’t even remember. But him? He knows! He knows what’s the feeling of losing someone you love! I couldn’t imagine him taking the responsibilities left by his dead parents— our dead parents. He did everything to raise me and the least I could do is to let him free from the tragic past we had.”

                I didn’t notice that I was already crying. It was a bitter-sweet moment. I’m happy because I finally found the courage to let out everything that clouded up in my chest and at the same time I felt the sadness because I’m still torn between learning my past or just letting it go.

                “I won’t say that it’s okay because I know that it isn’t. All I want you to know that no matter how hard this gets, I will always be right behind your back. We’ll figure this out Kiel. You will find peace within your heart and I will help you get through this. I promise you that.”

                Yuto’s gentle words pierced into my heart. I know it wasn’t too long since we first met but I felt way too comfortable with him. Whenever I’m with him I feel safe as if nothing’s gonna hurt me.

                After all what I’ve said, I know that this isn’t just because of our Literature project. I know that he meant it when he said he wanted to know me better.

                I don’t know how but I just do.

♡♡♡

Here ya go my loveliess!! sorry if i keep on messing up, i literally have two exams tomorrow and i had to make some lab reports but i promise that as soon as im free from schoolworks i'll make it up to you *sends hugs and kisses

thank u for the 1.18k reads and thank u for voting, u guys are the best and it just warms up my heart to know that people are actually liking my story :) wuv u all

be sure to drop ur comments below!

PS-THERE ARE ALOT OF GRAMMATICAL AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS BUT ILL EDIT THEM AS SOON AS I FIND TIME

happy reading!

With love,
-d