4

That Saturday, Lexi cleaned her bedroom with a little pep.  She didn't want Emily and Savi to think she was a total slob, so she actually took the time to put things away instead of shoving them under the bed like usual.  She made her bed and sprayed a little Febreze so it smelled nice and fresh.  Her two new school friends would be coming in about an hour.  She was so excited.

Lexi scurried out to the kitchen and checked the refrigerator, making sure the sodas she'd put in the earlier were still there.  She'd gotten snacks from the grocery store earlier as well in preparation for her friends coming over.  Lin was working on his laptop in the living room and smirked at her excitement.

"Did you get your room cleaned, Lex?" He asked her.

"Yep!" She said excitedly.

"And you didn't just push stuff under your bed?" He checked, knowing her tricks well.

"Noooo..." she said, smiling.

"Good girl," he commented.  "Will you bring me a glass of water please?"

Lexi nodded and grabbed a glass, then filled it with ice and water.  She brought it to Lin, and he thanked her.  For the next hour, Lexi was a flurry of excitement.  She went around the house, cleaning a few last things up, including a glass of orange juice that Emma wasn't quite done with.

Finally, the doorbell rang, and Lexi ran to the door.  Savi and Emily lived nearby, so they'd come over together.  The girls all squealed and hugged, then set all their bags on the floor.  Lin put his laptop aside and stood up so he could meet his daughter's friends.  He walked over to the kitchen, where they were all congregated.

"Hi girls," he said.  "I'm Lin.  I'm Lexi's dad."

The girls went into full-on fan girl mode.  They were obsessed with Moana.  Lin thought it was adorable the way they were asking him questions and smiling and nodding at him.  Lexi rolled her eyes and hurried them along to her bedroom.  They took all their stuff and soon, the Moana soundtrack could be heard blaring from behind her door.

A few minutes later, Emma walked in, exhausted from her shift at Hollister.  The paychecks were definitely worth it, though.  It was nice to make her own money. 

"Hi, sweetheart," Lin greeted her from the couch.

"Hey," she said, then heard the ruckus coming from the hallway.  "What the hell's going on?"

"Sleepover," he told her.  "They're all in the Moana play at school, so they're practicing."

"Oh great," she mumbled as she got a drink from the refrigerator.  "Do I have permission to blast my own music to drown it out?"

"If you want to stay up all night with Sebastian and Francisco," he commented.

"Where are they?"

"V took them to the park," he said, glancing at his watch.  "They should be back soon.  We're ordering pizza for dinner."

"Can I meet up with Sara later?" She asked, knowing she would get annoyed with three middle schoolers in the house.

"Sure," he said.  "Just be home by 11."

Emma nodded and disappeared to her room to change and relax a little.  At least as much as she could while listening to the Rock singing on repeat.  The pizza arrived a while later, along with Vanessa and the boys.  Emma grabbed a couple slices, then disappeared for the evening.

After dinner, the girls decided to take over the living room.  Sebastian very much wanted to be included in what they were doing.  They each had their own copies of the Moana script, with notes about their staging and movement.  They began to sing "How Far I'll Go", making motions and dancing.  Lin and Vanessa were pretty sure their choreography wouldn't make it into the real show, but the girls were laughing and having a blast.  Sebastian danced along side of them.