Crying In The Front Row - 3

I would have preferred to have at least a weeks’ notice about when the concert would be but when Liz turned up yesterday at Lisa’s house with the backstage passes including front row tickets, I was shocked to discover that the concert would be tomorrow. I start freaking out, and try to find a suitable outfit. I don’t want to look like those cake-faced idiots who try too hard and end up looking like either drag-queens or prostitutes. Lisa looks like she is about to kill me because her clean bedroom now has all my clothes from my suitcase on the floor.

“OK! THAT’S IT!” she exclaimed.

She shoved black jeans and some random top at me.

It actually goes well together.

She storms out of the room and I take that as a sign that I should start putting all my clothes back into my suitcase.

Once I am done I head off to bed in hope thinking about what tomorrow is going to be like.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Next Morning*

I walked into the kitchen, where Liz was sitting and reading todays newspaper and chatting to my parents. I feel severely underdressed, only for the reason that I am wearing pyjama pants with unicorns on them and an old band shirt that I don’t even like anymore. Mum smiles at me.

“Morning darling.” Mum greets. I smile and get some juice out of the fridge and a piece of toast from the toaster.

“Morning Mum.” I reply. She doesn’t try to pursue anymore conversation, knowing for a fact that I am not a morning person. Not one at all. I shove the toast in my mouth, and run to call the shower before Lisa does so I actually have hot water.

She used it all up last time, and I am determined to beat her at her own game.

No hot water for you Lisa.

I grab the pair of black jeans and the random shirt that was actually an old Green Day shirt that Lisa had improved. She had cut it a bit shorter, and then her mum had hemmed it so it looked half decent.

I undressed, and climbed into the shower.

Halfway through the symphony of battering warm water, sweet smelling soap and the cat-scratching sound of my terrible singing voice, the doorbell rang. I froze, and shut up.

I heard the footsteps leading down the hallway past the bathroom and turned off the tap. I wrap a towel around me and got out so that I could quietly dress and then look decent if it’s a guest, but my clothes are missing.

In their place, a note sits.

I have no freaking hot water now. And you have no clothes now. –Lisa J

I groan, and search for at least underwear.

Nothing.

Voices float down the hallway from the front door.

“I’m glad you could come and see Lisa and everybody.”

It was Liz.

“Me too Mum. I feel like I haven’t seen them in ages.”

A male voice replied and I almost shit myself.

I know that voice.

I watched all the YouTube videos that that voice is in.

I know what it sounds like when it sings.

And trust Luke Hemmings to be in Lisa’s freaking house when she has stolen my clothes and I am standing in a tiny towel.

When I heard the voices fade, I poked my head out of the bathroom door and planned my route of attack.

I had to sprint down the hallway, past the lounge room, through the kitchen and upstairs.

I hoped and prayed for my life that nobody would see me.

I took a deep breath and ran for my life.

Being careful so that I wouldn’t slip, I sprinted down the hallway and passed the lounge room.

Yes! I’m like the naked ninja. I thought.     

I’m totally winning at life.

I thought that way too soon.

I prepared to run through the kitchen, when I noticed my parents and Lisa’s parents greeting Luke and shit myself.

I groaned, and went for it before I regretted anything. I ran the fastest I’ve ever run.

“Kylie?!” My father exclaimed.

‘Sorry, COMING THROUGHHHHHHH!” I ran for my life upstairs and then collapsed onto my bed. Lisa went bright red with laughter.