Chapter 11: Awkward...

Zoeys POV

"Um." Is all I can say to him. I open my mouth to speak, but I can't. What do I even say to him? Hi dad! It's so happy to hear from you after you left us for that other girl!

"Zoey..." he says with a smile on his face. He takes a step closer to me puts a hand on my cheek. I turn to look at his hand. "You're all grown up."

"Hello, Mr. Harrington," Courtney says to my dad, to try to break the tension I'm guessing. My dad looks from me to Courtney with a smile.

"Hello, Audrey. How are you?" He asks calmly. How can he be so calm about all this? He's acting like he never left us and Courtney just came over! No, Courtney's been here. He's the one who just showed up.

"Good, how's your new life?" Courtney says innocently, but showing subtle shade. Did I just say shade? Jesus.

I purse my lips to stop the smile from appearing. I shouldn't be smiling when he's here. My dad just nods at her before turning back to me.

"Zoey. Can we talk?" He asks me. My mouth is still dry and I can't say I word. I turn to Courtney for help but she just stares between me and him. I look back at my dad trying to form words with no help from Courtney.

"I.. uh-" I stop myself from saying anything stupid. Anything more stupid. I just give a slight nod before walking towards the kitchen.

I open the fridge, grab two water bottles and hands one to my dad.

"Thank you." He says. I open my and take a drink while he just sets it on the counter. It's a little- a lot awkward. I close the cap to my water bottle and set it on the counter. I hop onto the counter so now I'm sitting next to my water bottle. "How's school?" He asks me, trying to break the ice.

I look up from my -very interesting- shoes to look at him. What do I tell him? 'Oh yeah, totally awesome! So um I'm fake dating the player of the school! Also did you know mom got into a car accident because of me? No? Well, this is awkward.' 

Yeah no.

I mean, how could he not know mom is in the hospital! What a bad time to come over here, dad! Anytime is a bad time!

"Zoey?"

"Hm? Oh. Uh- um... sorry. It's good." I say and he nods. I look back at my -very interesting- shoes. Why did I get teal slippers? The purple ones were better.

"So um. Me and Kate are getting married." He says. I look up from my shoes to him with my eyes widen. Woah, way to be settle dad!

"Oh um." Tell him moms in the hospital! "That's nice." I say awkwardly. I mentally facepalm. I. Need. Help.

"I would like you to be my bridesmaid." He says happily. I bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from replying.

MOMS IN THE HOSPITAL DAD!!

I know if I try to say no I'd say yes. I mean, think back to a couple weeks ago with Tyler.

"You in or not?" He asks me. I look up into his eyes and think. Should I say yes or no? I think long and hard then decide what to say.

"And what's in it for me?" I ask him putting my hands on my hips. He smirks at me and takes a step closer to me and puts his face up to my ear. I can feel his breathe on my face, sending chills down my back.

"Me" he whispers into my ear.

I open my eyes making the memories float back to back of my mind.