three

based off 4.04
elongated journey into night

~*~

     Olive sat in S.T.A.R. Labs as she went through the photo's of all the nine hundred people that rode the four-oh five bus that day. Currently, none of the people looked familiar to her. She was a little angry that this is what Cisco had her doing today, but it was the best she could do. 

     "Why is the scariest person I've ever seen roaming our halls?" Caitlin asked pointing to the hallway. 

     "Cisco," Barry, Olive, and Joe answered in sync. 

     "Okay, so I've got the coroners report for the death of the bus driver, but it doesn't seem like there are any signs of foul play," Iris said as she leaned over the computer. 

      "None of these people look familiar," Olive said, slamming another picture down on the table. 

     "Aside from him being the one guy that could have told us who else was on that bus," Joe said ignoring Olive's comment. 

     "They logged his personal effects, let's see... credit cards, cash, receipts," Iris said swiping through the screen. 

     "Wait, go back," Olive said as she leaned over Iris' shoulder. Iris went back to the card that had a private investigator's name on it. It also read, 'I owe you $5 for the ride.' "Him. I paid for his bus fair." 

     "Ralph Dibny," Barry said looking at Joe. 

     "I'll be damned," Joe said, not surprised. 

     "Who is Ralph Dibny?" Iris asked slowly. 

     "He used to be a cop," Joe said looking down. 

     "'Used to be' makes sense. He never paid me back," Olive said staring at the screen. She looked up to see Joe and Barry staring at her unamused. "I'm just saying." 

     "Dirty cop," Barry stated. "He got kicked off the force." 

     "For what?" Iris asked. 

     "It's a long story," Joe said. Olive walked to the stack of photo's, pulling the next one off the top. 

     "This is him," she said. Iris quickly pulled the picture up on the screen, everyone looking at him. 

     "He's handsome in a square-jawed Oliver Queen kind of way," Iris said leaning forward. 

     "For real?" Barry asked looking back at Iris. 

     "Babe, you know I've only got eyes for you," Iris said narrowing her eyes at Barry. 

     "The I.O.U is dated the same day that I came out of the Speed Force," Barry said looking back at the card. 

     "So Dibny was on the bus, that day?" Caitlin asked looking at Olive. 

     "I don't know. He might have gotten off before the dark matter hit," Olive said crossing her arms. 

     "Let's pay him a visit," Barry said looking at Joe. The two started walking out, but Iris caught Barry. 

     "You seem... something," Iris said with a frown. "What's up with you and this Ralph guy?" 

     "It's like Joe said. It's a long story," Barry said. He gave her a quick peck, then walked out of the room. Once they were gone, Caitlin leaned to Iris. 

     "Oliver Queen is hot," she whispered. 

     "Amen, hallelujah," Iris responded. 

     "How hot?" Olive asked walking to the computer. Iris pulled it up, Olive's eyes widening. It almost gave her flashbacks to a time where she was on a different Earth... What was it? Earth-X? "Yeah, he's hot." She turned and went back to her pile of pictures once again.