Chapter Fourteen: I'll Never Go by Christian Bautista

Start from the beginning

"Can I get your order now, miss?" The waitress ask again.

She look up facing the waitress with her eyes a bit swollen, more on caused by last night's and her mascara smudged over down to her cheeks making it tinted with black. She looks untidy and her hairs were sticked on her wet cheeks caused by her tears dried up. She's tired and she feels she screwed up! She's nothing to him anymore.

"Miss are you okay?" The waitress ask with a full concern. 'Cause she's been there for two and half hours already.

"Can I... Can I... Do you have Champagne?"

The waitress been worried but she followed her right away.

----------

"One more bottle please!" She yelled the waitress on the counter. It's passed nine yet she still there. The last man sitting on the right hand corner from her table lift his bag, leaving a tip on the table and walking out of the restaurant. She's alone there and seemed down. Her wet mascara dried up already, creating a cracks on its track. She's in a mess and her phone's been ringing for a while.

"Miss, the restaurant's closing. Maybe we could ask your address to send you home?" The main waiter approach her in a polite way.

"What? You're sending me out?! I am a costumer here! You can't just send me away!!!"

"Miss, we're already closing and..."

"I am waiting for someone! Can't you see that?!"

"Miss, please..."

"Get outta my face now! Or..." She stood up holding the table, probably for her balance to be still and to avoid her from falling. But her body moves in uneven way, obviously cause she's already drunk.

"... Or you want me to talk to your manager!"

"But miss..."

"What is happening here?" The manager approach to their place upon noticing the problem.

"Ma'am Alice, ayaw niya po kasing umuwi, eh pasarado na po eh."

"Ako na bahala dito, Joan. Sige na, you can go home na."

"Thank you po ma'am." And Joan went away. They two still at that place alone. Alice guided her to sit down and she obliged to. While she seated in front of her, following her with a question, "what is happening to you?" She hissed with a worried tone and face at the same time. "You always act like this since..." She stopped there. Hurting her Best friend with the situation isn't a right thing to do. Dawn is down right now and she needs a company, not an adviser who can yell at her with the things she must and mustn't do.

"Alice... I..." Dawn cried out louder. Controlling herself isn't an aid or even a good one. Her feelings been hold on for a whole day. No, for a her whole life, rather. She's a waste as what she thinks she is. A hopeless, tired, retard and useless person, as a useless wife.

"Shhh... Hush now. Don't cry. I am here Dawn. I am here for you."

"But I need HIM Alice. I need him now. I missed him and I am frantic already and my life is putted into nothing but a waste. I don't wanna do this anymore. I don't wanna live!"

"Dawn... Shhh... Please. Don't say those. Can't you see? There are many people who's waiting for you. Who loves you. And I am one of them. Maybe he's... Maybe he already left but I'm sure she dwells in your heart and I know... I know he also does. I know that..." Alice's voice fades as she finish her last word.

Dawn sniffs as Alice brought her head up by rising them up with her both hands, putting away her sticked hair on her cheek behind her ears, tucking them behind.