Chapter 3

The next week had gone by as usual. Of course some Northsiders tried to make everything more complicated with the Southsiders here.

You and Sweet pea had talked more than you imagined. Since you were in all of your classes together, you found yourself walking with him and sitting next to him. Not yet had he called you though or asked you to hang out so you didn't think much of the school friendliness.

The second week you were almost late for school again. Everything had just seemed to be going wrong that day. Your headphones broke, you didn't charge your phone the night before, you tripped over your shoe laces and fell. Good thing you had gotten to first period at literally the last second.

Halfway through class Sweet pea noticed that your were fidgeting and unfocused. "Hey." He whispered catching your attention.

You looked over at him in silence expecting him to go on with whatever he had to say.

"Are you okay?" He asked

You shook your head as a no and looked down at the floor before back up to him.

"Princess didn't have a good morning?" Sweet pea asked with a smirk.

"Am I not allowed to?" You rolled your eyes playfully and looked back to your worksheet.

The classes continued to go by and during your 5th period English class the teacher had assigned a project. Each student would have to pick a book from the library that was based off of historical fiction. And then you would have to write some huge essay on it.

Big essays and reading long boring books never bothered you. You would just have to find a book that interested you, and writing essays was a piece of cake.

Now it was your turn to notice that Sweet pea was looking really off and uneasy at the mention of this essay.

When the bell rang everyone went straight to lunch and through the crowd of people you didn't have any time to catch up to Sweet pea.

You didn't peg him as the type of person to ask for help from anyone, even if you were a Northsider.

You finally walked into the lunchroom and looked around. He was at his regular seat with Fangs, Toni, and Jughead. You gripped your books nervously.

The only time you had ever went over to the Southside tables is when one of them invited you and walked you over so you didn't know how anyone would react when a Northsider just waltzed over.

But you did so anyways and kept your eyes anywhere but on Sweet pea.

It was reassuring when none of them said anything to you as you approached. When you reached the table you stopped right next to Sweet Pea.

"Hey (y/n)." Toni greeted and you smiled.

"Hey guys." You looked back down to Sweet pea who was kinda spaced out.

You tapped his shoulder and he kinda snapped out of it.

"Can we talk?" You asked and he nodded scooting over so you could sit down next to him.

When you sat down you placed your books on the table and turned slightly till your knees touched his and you looked up.

"Have you ever done a book based essay assignment?" You asked.

"If you're talking about that dumb English project than no." He grumbled and played with something on the table.

"If you need help we can work together. I can show you how to write a good essay and find a book." You offered with a kind smile.