~Chapter 3~

Miley's POV

Hit me like a wave that summer day
Told me come along and play

Rico's was an open-air snack shop on the beach,decorated in a summer-surf-and-sand theme.
When Miley and Talen showed up,Jackson was working behind the counter,while Lilly and Oliver sat at a table drinking sodas.

Miley had to give Lilly credit.
When she introduced Talen,Jackson and Oliver took it in stride,but for a brief moment,Miley thoughts Lilly might faint.

But Lilly was made of sterner stuff than that.She recovered almost instantly and even managed to act completely composed as she shook his hand.

True,when Talen turned his back on her to check out the smoothie specials,Lilly started waving her arms wildly at Miley,apparently trying to send some kind of message through a combination of mime and hand signals.

Miley couldn't make out the actual words,but she had a pretty good idea of what Lilly's message was,since the experience of meeting Talen was so fresh in her own mind.Something along the lines of,Oh,my gosh,I can't believe it's him and he's standing right here in front of me,Oh,my gosh,oh,my gosh,oh,my gosh,this is so cool!That would be Miley's guess,anyway.

"Lilly," she said out of the corner of her mouth. "Chill."

When Talen turned around to say, "Do you guys want anything to drink?" Lilly immediately dropped her arms and leaned casually on her surfboard,the picture of nonchalance.

"No thanks,Talen," she said. "I'm about to hit the waves.Don't want anything weighing me down."

"Miley told me you surf.Very cool." Lilly blushed with pleasure. "Yeah, I've been doing it for a few years," she said casually. "And she's great," Miley added. "A real natural."

"I don't know about that," Lilly said,blushing even more. "I wish I could do some of the tricks you do,Talen.The way you won your last competition by coming from behind in the last round? That was sweet."

"Thanks,but it all takes practice," he said. "You know, if you've been surfing for that long,you should think about entering the competition here in Malibu."

Miley saw a look of mi held excitement for fear cross Lilly's face. "Really? That would be awesome! But,no,I couldn't,not really----"

"Sure you could," he said encouragingly (A/N : long word😌) "There's a novice section for people who haven't competed before.You could try it out,see how you like it. That's how I started."

"You really think really think I could hold my own?"Lilly asked.

"You'll ever know unless you try," he pointed out. "If you want,I can introduce you to some of the organizers.They'll get you signed up."

"That would be amazing!" Lilly's face was glowing. "Thanks."

"No worries." Talen turned to Miley. "I've got to get some practice in, but maybe we could get together tomorrow after class and work on our your all entries?",