The Blessed Tragedy: Chapter 2

She could have pretended not to notice the change in air, but the buzz that filled her ears was past being ignored. Juliet moved from her bed until she was at her balcony, overlooking the kingdom she would eventually call hers. 

        The land welcomed its transformed princess with a rush of air, moving the tall green grass outside the wall and the trees placed in the gardens around the castle. Carriages of a regal gold color made their way through the gates of the castle, behind them a lot of plain carriages towed many bags.

        Guests she was unaware she would have were to be welcomed grandly. The servants of the house were lined along the doorway in perfect position, a gesture only to be done for kings and queens. Juliet watched the carriages stop and the doors to a single one open. For a few moments nothing happened, but eventually someone stepped out, followed by many guards from the other carriages.

        "You are wanted downstairs Your Majesty."

        Juliet glanced over at the Malik, standing awkwardly at the doorway, "Who are we receiving?"

        "King Garrett, ruler of the Kingdom of Viena, and Prince Damon, heir to the Kingdom of Alexandre."

        "Is there a reason they are here?"

        "I was not told Your Majesty."

        The boy bowed, signaling his leave. Juliet turned back towards the scene below, watching as the crowd of guards excorted two men towards the door. One of them held back and let everyone go through, until they stood alone on the front steps. Slowly they walked around the carriage, strolling to the fountain decorating the front of the castle. 

        It was pointless to be watching something so insignificant, but Juliet couldn't stray her eyes. The diamond buzzed with a feeling she could not understand. She could feel the energy coming from the man, even though he was in no close proximity. 

        They looked up from the fountain towards Juliet, as if he had felt the same buzz as her. For a while both stared, Juliet watching the movement of his dark hair in the wind, and listening to the buzz of the seal on her back. If only it had given her the power to read minds. 

        She moved away from the balcony and walked to the door of her room. Her uncle would eventually send for her again if she didn't leave now. 

        It seemed so unordinary for two rulers from two separate kingdoms were to stay amongst her castle. A building of powerful people was not safe, it only attracted problems.

        "Juliet, you finally grace us with your presence." Her uncle moved to her side and led her towards a man studying a protrait of her mother she had so many times sat by. It only took a glance and she knew the man was King Garrett. Her uncle showed only a slight itimidation with the him in the presence of the castle, but this man didn't bother Juliet at all.

        "Majesty Garrett, this is my niece, Princess Juliet."

        The king took his time turning towards her, when he was looking fully at her he smiled knowingly, like he knew everything about her, "Lady Juliet." He watched Juliet as he took her hand and placed a soft kiss on her palm.

        "King Garrett." She bowed.

        Juliet studied him, noticing every detail she could take in. His blonde hair and green eyes stood out against his golden skin. Everything about him glowed, and not just with the power he had within him. Though he was only a few years older than her, Juliet could feel the knowledge coming off of him. He knew things she had not yet learned to know.

        "King Garrett will be staying with us for the week."

        Juliet pulled her eyes from the man and looked towards her uncle. His face gave way that he was more nervous than he let on. When he looked up he glared at Juliet, waiting for her to respond to him. She looked back at King Garrett and nodded, "Pleased to have you in the kingdom. I hope you will be entertained during your stay."

        The king smiled at Juliet, looking away to glance around the room, "I don't think that will be an issue. If only you could meet Prince Damon, he is a good friend of mine, and always has something for us to keep entertained with."

        Juliet pictured the person she saw outside by the fountain. That must have been Prince Damon. 

        "I'm sure I will meet him for dinner."

        "Yes, of course." He stared at her.

        Juliet watched him study her and bowed to both of the men standing beside her, "Until tonight." 

        When she walked away she could hear the hesitation in her Uncle's voice as he began directing the king towards the study. Instead of her room, she decided to go to the library. Years of studying and reading had taken part in that room. Her parents could always find her there.

        She didn't read, instead she sat and watched the designs in the carpet. Her world was soon to get more complicated, and she could guess why her uncle had invited to powerful men to the castle.

        "Do you always come here to stare at the carpet?"

        Juliet looked up at the dark figure standing in the doorway of the libary. They waited for her response but she had none to give. When they moved from the shadows, she noticed the bright blue eyes that stared back at her. They were eyes she could get lost in and never return to the surface from. When the sun hit them Juliet stared at the man's catty eyes and raven black hair. Little things of this person was similar to her. They both shared the black hair and blue eyes, but that is as far as it went.

        "You must be Prince Damon." Juliet finally responded.

        He smiled and sat on the surface of a desk that had been in her family for ages. A part of her wanted to command him to get off, but the piece of furniture was not important to her.

        "Yes, and you are Princess Juliet."

        She nodded and watched him study her.

        "Forgive me for not introducing myself when I first arrived, I was drawn to your fountain."

        Juliet smiled, "Your the first that has happened to."

        "It is beautiful and very unique." 

        "It is also just a fountain." 

        He laughed and moved closer to her, until he was sitting on the couch across from her, "You're different than any other princess I have met."

        "Our words have been very short and you already are cassifying me from other princess's?" 

        "Yes." He smirked at her.

        Juliet felt the buzz in her body grow louder. The diamond warmed her, speaking softly. This Prince was unique, she could feel an energy coming from him, but it was nothing she could decipher.

        "I will see you at dinner, Prince Damon." Juliet stood from the chair and bowed politely towards him. 

        He stood with her and nodded, "Call me Damon."

        She walked towards the door and turned to him before she was completely gone, "You could call me Juliet then."