Chapter One

August POV
November, 2014

"Goddamn girl, you finna yank my damn head off. Can you be gentle?" I yelled to my girlfriend, Brielle, as I sat between her legs while she roughly applied coconut oil to my hair.

We've been together for two-ish years and I say two-ish years because we got together in 2012 when we were 19, took a 7 month break in 2013 so I could focus on my career and be free, and then got back together.

Even though we technically weren't together during those 7 months, we still felt like we were in a relationship so to just keep it simple and easy we include those 7 months and say we've been together for almost two years.

"Well I gotta pull it to lock in the moisture." She said chuckling but I didn't find nothing funny.

"You don't gotta pull that damn hard though. Shit." I said readjusting myself between her legs.

"You need to stop complaining because without me, your hair would be lookin dry and ashy just like yo knees." She said which caused me to cover up my knees with my hands.

I didn't put lotion on because as soon as I got out of the shower, she wanted to moisturize my hair.

"Aye not too much on my knees, I didn't put lotion on yet." I said which made her smack her lips.

It got quite as I began to think about how I was going to tell her that I'm going back to work. I soon realized that no matter how I phrase it, she's gonna be mad either way.

"So look, Bre..." I said nervously. "What?" She responded.

I cleared my throat and began to speak. "Imma do the tour with usher."

She pushed me from in between her legs and stood up. "What the fuck you mean you doin the tour?" She asked loudly.

Before I could even respond back, she cut me off. "Its been two weeks and you already tryna work? You said you was gonna chill out for a while." She said referring to how I came out of a coma a little over two weeks ago.

"I know but I'm ready, and plus the doctor said I can perform." I said standing up. She sighed and ran her fingers through her natural hair as she paced back and forth.

"Can you chill out. Imma be straight. I feel like I'm fully recovered so I'm not finna sit around in the house all day and miss out on an opportunity like this."

She scratched her head and closed her eyes.

"Imma be okay... ight?" I said pulling her by her waist and bringing her into a hug.

"Okay. Fine. But I'm going with you and trust and believe I will be forcing you to drink water, eat, and sleep right. And I'll be watching how much alcohol and weed your taking in since clearly you can't monitor yourself." She said naming all of the factors that made me pass out and go into a coma.

"Matter of fact... no weed." She said adding to her statement. I felt an urge to argue because smoking is apart of my routine when I perform so it would feel weird not to come but then I thought about everything I put her through in the hospital.

She watched me flatline twice so I can understand why she said no weed.

"Alright cool, and I'll even let you bring people." I said trying to make it up to her before I kissed her forhead.