Chapter Twenty-One: Intoxication

Start from the beginning

"No way!" Namjoon seemed to quickly pay attention, then. "We're just getting started!"

Straightening up, finally, Jin slammed his fist on the table, then threw back a shot of Soju. "Yeah!"

I sighed. I scooched away from my wasted boyfriend a little, wary of him grabbing me again. It was cute, but also awkward, with his friends here.

A few shots later, Namjoon was speaking exclusively in english, and Jin was just naming random animals that he could think of. Hoseok had decided a few minutes before that the place was too quiet, and was now dancing the Macarena a short ways from the booth. I'd had to wrestle Jin's phone from him before he could drunk post to facebook.

"But, Ju-eun-ah..." he pawed at my arm uselessly. "I have to know... which would win in a fight, a Tiger or a Shark?"

I snorted. "If you're still curious when you're sober, you can find out then."

He just pouted, but was soon distracted by Namjoon challenging him to a battle of wits. By which I mean, who could balance the most chopsticks on their face. Rolling my eyes, I turned my attention to Yoongi. "So... you're the normal one? Or the designated driver?"

The mint-haired boy smiled wryly. "Neither. I just... don't toss it back like water like these guys do. I don't feel like getting trashed tonight."

I nodded in understanding. "Fair enough. It's good to not be the only sober one, anyway."

He chuckled. Smiling, he wasn't nearly as intimidating as he had been at first meeting. "Well, if he gets too much, they can all just pass out upstairs and I'll drive you home."

"Upstairs?" I asked, confused. His eyes lit up in recollection.

"Ah. Hoseok and I, we own this place. We have an apartment upstairs." He suddenly looked awkward, seeming to read my mind before I could ask what I was thinking. "No, we're not a couple."

I coloured a little. "I wasn't assuming..."

"Still." He coughed, looking away. "Better to cover bases." Both of us gazed at Hoseok, who was currently trying to kiss Namjoon on the forehead, "We've had misunderstandings before, and it's awkward."

I giggled. "Okay. Well, I got it. You're not a couple."

He smiled gratefully at me. "Thanks."

"So, what's with the name?" I asked, and he rested his elbows on the table, then leaned over, batting at Hoseok who had turned his affections on him.

"Hm?"

I tilted my head, somewhat amused by the interaction between the two. "Sopebox. What's it mean?"

"Sope's their ship name." Jin blurted out, again deciding that he wanted to drape himself over me. I shoved his face away.

"Sope?" Yoongi looked embarrassed.

Drunkenly, Hoseok stopped trying to inflict "Hobi's healing kisses" on the mint-haired boy and pointed to himself. "Hope." And then, to Yoongi. "Suga." I rose my eyebrows, but he didn't seem to want to give any more explanation.

"They're our nicknames." Yoongi sighed, as the ginger forcibly laid down over his lap. "The result of certain friends trying to be cute."

The way he stared down Jin at that moment made me think that perhaps my brunette boyfriend carried most of the blame. I smiled, "Well, they are cute."

"I'm cute." Jin mumbled. I patted his hair, again. He pressed a light kiss on my collarbone. "But you're still leaving."

"Yep." I said, bluntly. He picked up his head, scowling, and looking like he was going to cry. "Crying isn't going to change my mind. Drunk you is so childish."