Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

'She's the one, she has to be.
It's the only explanation, there's no such thing as a late bloomer!'
Then came a sudden bang.

'Calm yourself! We can't have you pounding your fists and waking her up!'

And so he did, I could feel his chest let go of a light...growl? I think. I wasn't so sure as I expelled a soft moan and made a slight shift to my right.

"Where... am I?" I mumbled, trying to get up only to knock myself back by slamming my palm on my forehead. "Ow... guess I don't know my own strength(?)" I commented, looking at my bare palm suspiciously.

A single moment was all it took for me to recollect my thoughts and my memories, the sudden ache in my head was gone, as if it wasn't there to be begin with. I waited, for another moment, for me to catch my breath through a double intake but I didn't have that need anymore. A double intake like when you're crying and it takes twice your breathing efforts to actually maintain yourself as you break down.

I didn't need that, I was scared, really scared. It was strange that I noticed this among other things like the poshly furnished living room I was in, surrounded by good looking women and large built men. I studied them carefully, as detailed as I could. It came as a sudden surprise to see what I could see..

Their scent was more green than any plant I've ever had the chance to smell, not to mention mixed with a little sweat.. and.. sex?

Shivering, I take another look of my surroundings before I take in the predatory glares at the back of my head.

Where am I? I questioned mentally, rubbing my arm with my warmer-than-usual palm.

"Good. You're finally awake." A monotoned voice announced as the owner of it took a few steps in front of me, bowing his head a little as a greeting of respect; whilst the other members of our little gathered in this beautifully designed room bowed their head down low, showing the ultimate respect.
"Who are you?" I softly asked, turning my head to get a better angle. this man was just as big as the others in the room. However, I do think he was bigger in his youth. He doesn't have a single gray strand on his head.. Well.. On his head, but maybe on his face. His beard suited him. It made him look tough, more of a man. It.. was kind of hot.

Jesus.

"My name is Jackson Lipzen. I am the alpha of this region." I threw my head back laughing. Of course.
Of course this was some practical joke. "Is that meant to mean something to me?" I leaned my head to the right, a little annoyed. Then it finally hit me.
"Ha! I'm being pranked aren't I?"

I heard a deep growl emerging from his unusually large throat. I almost screamed, but I didn't. Instead I took a few steps back, a terrified look on my face for sure. "You guys aren't cannibals are you?!" Oh god. There had been a lot of news on TV about people mysteriously end up dead and with their insides more out than ever.

In the heat of the moment, everyone started to yell. Giving me excuse. I was sure I heard someone say 'I just want to smell her'. I took this moment to look for the nearest window.
I saw one. My open window. Literally. When everyone was so busy trying to yell over each other, I took in a deep breath and took it. I flew like a stupid chicken I was; scared for my life, I swear I think I started to flap my arms.

"HEY!" A ton of voices yelled behind me as I ran.

The air was so beautiful, simply dancing across my face with a gentle hello. At this moment it felt like everyone and everything was in slow-motion, I could see everything moving gracefully as they bowed down or swayed to the power of the wind. There was so much detail, so much beauty to a leaf than their colour but unique and individual patterns. I could feel my lips push through the force and smile, my arms joined in by spreading out and accepting everything. I've never felt so alive.