Chapter 5

The sweat clung to her like a second skin. "Just a couple more hay bales and we're done." Jenna says as we unload from her truck. It's been a week since Katie got here, and all the heat has done is rise. "After this, I need you and Jake to run into town to get that extra part for the tractor." Katie's head turned quick at the sound of Jake's name. "Aunt Jenna, I can do it by myself, really. Jake doesn't have to come."

"Come on, Katie. Jake isn't that bad." Katie acted shocked. "Aunt Jenna, I wasn't applying I thought Jake was bad or anything." Jenna gave her a look. "Mmmhmmm." Katie dropped down the last hay bale. "Fine, I'll ask him if he wants to go." Jenna smiled, "Oh, you know he wants to go."

   Katie walked over to the pasture where Jake was brushing the horses. "Now, now. Mrs. Princess, there is no need for that kicking. Woah, girl." Princess calms down and let's Jake brush behind her head. "That's a good girl." Katie smiles. She has managed to avoid Jake as mush as possible this week. It's not that she doesn't like him, it's quite the opposite. He is gorgeous, and gorgeous is never good. Especially when you add his huge ego to it. However in this moment, she can't stop thinking about how much she would rather his shirt be off and he was the one petting her body all over. Jakes turns around, and clears Katie from her naughty thoughts. "Well howdy there beautiful, you like something you see?" Jake winks. "Just when I think you aren't that repulsive." He laughs. "What can I do for you, Katie?" Katie walks over to Princess and rubs her head.

   "Jenna asked us to go into town to get that extra tractor part. You don't have to come if-" Before she can finish her sentence Jake says, "Let's go, darlin," with a huge grin. "Fine, but I'm driving!" Katie says as Jake walks toward the house. He turns around and looks at her. "Sure, if you can get there first." Jake turns around and takes off running. Katie runs after him and curses him in her head for being so hot, but such an arrogant cowboy at the same time.