"How could he fucking do that Magnus!? We have been dating for three fucking years! Why can't he just accept it? Accept us?" Alec broke into a sob. "Magnus I love you. You know that right? I love you with my everything. Everything I have is yours," he said between breaths.

"I know Alec. I know," Magnus said trying to comfort Alec.

Alec realized they were still on the front steps of the institute. "Magnus can we get out of here. I can't stand being even this close to that monster."

"Sure, anything you want darling. Ask me for the moon and I'd get it for you," Magnus said giving Alec one last kiss before they stood up.

"Oh shut up, you sentimental bastard," Alec said grinning like an idiot.

Magnus took the shadowhunter's hand in his own. His usually steady grasp faltered."Look, your dad is just taking longer to-" Alec cut him off by putting his hand up.

"No. Magnus please. Just you and me, okay?" Magnus opened his mouth to protest but shut it quickly.

"It always is my darling." He gently placed a kiss to Alec's head which still caused him to blush. Magnus's cat eyes gleamed with mischief at the thought of what he had planned for today. They walked down the street until Magnus pulled Alec into an alley way.

"Where are we-" Magnus cut off his question with his lips pressing to his. Alec gasped in surprise and Magnus took this advantage. His lips parting the younger shadowhunter's. Alec rapidly melted into the kiss his hands searching Magnus's body. Alec's face grew hot and his heart began to beat rapidly. But he didn't mind. Magnus suddenly pulled away, breaking the kiss, leaving a very winded Alec who obviously needed more to be satisfied.

"What was that about?" Alec asked.

Magnus raised an eyebrow.

"Are you complaining?"

Alec's blue eyes widened as he brought his hand to his lips. He could feel the ghost of Magnus's lips on his, as if the taste of him still lingered.

"Never." he smiled.

Magnus's heart lurched. When Alec smiled like that it was very difficult to keep his composure.

"There's a place in Italy that has great pasta," Magnus said.

Alec stared at his warlock.

"Italy?" Alec asked incredulously. Magnus smiled.

"Italy. I want Italian for dinner." Magnus than began the makings of a portal. Alec sat back as he watched his boyfriend work, his slender hands moving with blue fire and his green eyes focused on the single task. Alec bit his lip. He really did love Magnus. But right now, he wanted nothing more than to be in private with him. But... You know what... He was quite hungry.

*****

Italy was amazing! Not only did they have dinner but they walked around and went sight seeing. Alec almost forgot about everything that had happened with his father. Almost. It was still in the back of his mind like glue on a trap. I shouldn't let him get to me, Alec said to himself, you're with your wonderful boyfriend right now and you should be enjoying it!

By the time they got to Magnus's apartment Alec was dead tired. He could only imagine that Magnus was the same way. But as he looked at the warlock he had never looked so alive. Or so Alec thought anyways. He had been like that all day and it made Alec wonder what was going on. Alec remembered that in a movie he saw boyfriends always got really clingy and happy right before they broke up with the girl.

Was Magnus gonna break up with him? No it couldn't be. Alec thought. Magnus wouldn't, he loves me too much. Right? He wouldn't do it on our anniversary. Would he?