Chapter Thirty-Eight: Bonding

Start from the beginning

If Roxy's heart actually beat, it would have skipped.

"You're certain," she questioned.

"Absolutely. They have been playing you, and even more having been playing me."

"But, but Hector didn't kill Dominique. I would have recognized his scent."

"He contracted it out."

"Why not kill me too? Wouldn't that have been easier," she questioned hoping to find a weak link.

"Hector has a soft spot for you, but it's not big enough to overpower his greed."

"But, why would he call Tatiana for help if he was working with Octavius all along?"

"Tatiana's arrival was also a lie. She was already on her way. Hector sensed it, and told you he called her for help.  He let her kill Octavius thinking they would use you to find the Rare Blood and the two of them would share it. They acted hastily and after the deed was done she realized they were trapped. If she got caught smelling how you did she would not be able to claim innocence. They would've had to live in absolute isolation... or get someone like me involved. She came straight here and tried to seduce me.  Although I knew she smelled of death I did not know all that I do now."

Roxy turned from Dmitri and looked up at the moon. It was an overwhelming amount of information. Hector was responsible for Dominique's death. Hector. All of a sudden she felt something well up at the corner of her eyes and start to leak down her face. She touched her hand to the wetness and looked at the liquid... it was blood.

It was extremely rare for a vampire to cry, but that's what was happening to her. She was crying tears of blood over Hectors part in Dominique's death. She closed her eyes tight hoping it would stop, and when Dmitri put his hands on her shoulders she shucked him off, in fear of his response.

Dmitri turned her toward him, easily overpowering her attempts to keep her back to him, and when she opened her eyes and saw his face she felt another tear come out. He looked thrown, his eyes opened wide and then narrowed, drawing his brows together, and he shook his head disapprovingly.

She was ashamed, but what he did next she would never, for the rest of her existence, forget. He reached his hand out toward her face and wiped the moisture with his finger.  He put that finger into his mouth, sucking her blood off, and then pulled her into his chest. He wrapped his arms tightly around her and made a promise, "I swear you will have your vengeance. We will get the Rare Blood and I will get you everything that should be yours."

He was not disgusted by her tears after all, so she closed her eyes and just stood there, letting him hold her until her eyes stopped... leaking.

When it was done, she pulled back and said, "I can't believe Hector did this."

"He's as good as dead, I promise."

"Can I see him?"

"I don't know if you should," he said softly.

"I want to ask him why, to his face."

"Alright, he's down in the dungeon."

That was unexpected, "There's a dungeon," she questioned in disbelief.

"Yes, and he's found his stay rather bloody."

"Can we go now," she asked.

"Let's clean your face first," he said, opening the door for her to go back into the bedroom.

Dmitri showed her to the en suite, where she washed her face, after marveling at the solid twenty-four karat gold tiles and fixtures.  It was opulence in overload and on her way out she joked, "If I ever run out of money, I know who I'm robbing."