Speak Softly Love - film!Michael Corleone x Reader

Requested by OrochimaruTrash

Corleone Family Mansion:
"Well my son, in a few minutes, you will meet the woman that we wish you to marry," said the Godfather.

Michael sighed, "I still don't see why I have to go through with an arranged marriage."

"I have told you, (y/n) (l/n) is the daughter of Don (father's name) (l/n), a very powerful friendly patriarch. Your marriage would result in our unity, and therefore further respect from other patriarchs. Besides, you need a good wife, just as much as she needs a good husband. Don (father's name) and I have talked about the two of you, and we have agreed that you would indeed make a good match. Don't worry, you'll love her. If that isn't enough to convince you, she likes a man in uniform."

Michael looked down, "I hope you're right, father..."

(L/n) Family Mansion:
"So, my daughter, are you ready to meet Captain Michael Corleone?" (father's name) (l/n) asked his daughter.

"I'm not sure...I don't know many people whose arranged marriages have turned out well."

"When I told you you were marrying a marine, you were so happy. Why the change in attitude?"

"I'm just nervous I guess...you don't take a Corleone lightly."

"Indeed you don't," (father's name) said, putting his hands on your shoulders, "and that is why you are the perfect one for him: you can understand him."

You sighed, walking out of your bedroom, "Let's just go." Your parents, any siblings you had and you got into your respective cars, and so began the journey to the Corleone's mansion.

You came up on the gate of the mansion. The guards recognised your father and happily opened the gates. The road led past the gate into a spacious motor court. Your cars parked, and your respective chauffeurs opened your doors for you. You noticed garages on either side of the court, with the main building up in front. You stepped out and headed to the front door.

A butler exchanged formalities and brought you to Don Vito Corleone, who was sitting in the Don's chair. Your father did the special handshake with him, and as for the rest of your family, you kissed his ring. "So, this is the lovely (y/n) (l/n)," Vito said, smiling kindly.

"Not as lovely as your son, I hear," you responded, not to be outdone in graciousness.

Vito smiled, "I thank you," then turned to your parents, "You have raised her well."

"She is our life, we would do anything for her," your mother said, leaning her head on your father's shoulder.

"It is the same with my sons, as well as my godsons. My most recent example is Johnny Fontanne, the singer. He wanted a movie role, and I helped him get it. The only thing I regret about doing it is that a fine horse was put to death."

"I expect no less from the head of such a powerful family," you said as you bowed - you were filled with new-found respect for the man in the chair. (A/N: Telling my Trekkie self to shut up.)

He smiled. "I suppose you are eager to meet my son?"

"Yes. Potential lovers should at least meet each other." (A/N: Let's see if anyone gets my shitty Sherlock reference.)

"He is in his room, I'm afraid - getting ready."

"Shall I go and call on him?"

"You may. Walk up the stairs, and knock at the door you hear music coming from."

"Thank you, Don Corleone." You nodded and took your leave, leaving the parents to chat. You did as Don Vito had said; when you reached the top of the stairs, you heard Johnny Fontanne singing Speak Softly Love, and a few musical instruments playing. You followed the sound, and found that the door was open. You gasped, and then your face settled into a smile: A dark-haired man, whom you identified to be Michael Corleone because of his uniform, was waltzing on his own to the fast-paced love song. Michael twirled to you and swept you along with him, placing one of your hands on his shoulders and then placing his hand on your waist, while his other hand took your other in his. You laughed in pleasant surprise and danced to the guidance of the marine. Oh yes, you were going to love him very much.