36

chapter thirty-six; olivia pov

He showed up with flowers.

Again.

I smiled at the sight, kissing his cheek as I took the white roses from his hands, turning around and putting them in a vase with water.

I was in a teal dress that hung off of my shoulders. I paired it with some nude pumps, and I had on a necklace that Blake had gotten me a few months back.

He was in a pair of black trousers and a striped button up, the red undertones clashing with the color of my dress.

"Every time." Blake mutters under his breath.

I chuckle. "I kind of figured you would wear something like that. I'll be back."

"You have a back up dress?"

"Blake, it's been how long since we've been together? We're bound to have this happen every now and then."

"Well it's been two months."

"I mean altogether."

"A while."

"My point."

I walk back into my room, pulling out the white floral dress that I've only worn once, which was to Mia's graduation. She had been ready for the day she was done with school and would get her degree.

The dress hugs my waist, flowing down the rest of my body until it cuts off a little below my ankles. I left the same shoes on, checking my appearance one more time before I walked back out of my room, smelling the bouquet of roses as I walked over to him.

Blake smiled the moment he saw me, his eyes seeming to shine in that moment.

"Wow."

My cheeks heat up at his words.

"Blake, stop."

"Why?"

"Because I-"

"Do not say that it's because you look like crap. It is the opposite. It's always the opposite."

"Blake-"

"Even when I fucked everything up and you could see that you had been crying, it was still the opposite. You have always been breathtakingly beautiful."

"Why do you keep bringing that up?"

"Because I hate that I-"

"Blake."

He stops and looks up at me. "Yeah?"

"I thought tonight was supposed to be fun?"

"It is."

"Then stop talking about something that put us both through pain."

I smile at him before lacing my fingers with his, pulling him out of the flat.

"So where to?"

"Blake-"

"I went all out."

"You did go all out. Dinner and now this?"

We were currently in a park, a few of the trees strung with white Christmas lights, a blanket with pillows on the ground, and Blake's laptop sitting in the middle.

"I also brought you a change of clothes."

He reaches towards the tree, grabbing a blue drawstring bag. I open it up to find my favorite jumper of his and a pair of leggings.