35

chapter thirty-five; olivia pov

Something's wrong with me.

This isn't the first time I have thought that this week either. I've been emotional all week, and I snap at people for no reason.

The boys have distanced themselves from me because of this because they don't want to aggravate me even more, and I don't know what to do that would make it any better.

I should be happy. I just got an amazing job where I get to go with the boys in a tour throughout Europe. I get to do what I love on a daily basis.

But I'm feeling a mixture of emotions, and nothing I do keeps me from feeling like this.

"Are you alright?"

I sit up, shrugging my shoulders. My hair is a mess and I'm sure I look all over the place, no longer seeming to care about what people think of me. I was too wrapped up in my own emotions to. Too wrapped up in my own thoughts.

"What's going on?"

I stare at the blonde, the tears running down my cheeks. Nothing I do stops them from coming, yet I thought I was done crying. I should be done crying, yet for some reason I'm not.

"Olivia?"

"I'm grieving a man I didn't even know. What's wrong with me?"

He sits on the bed next to me, wrapping his arms around me as more tears run down my cheeks.

"Who?"

I don't say anything.

"It's your father, isn't it?" He sighs. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. This is my crap, I shouldn't bring you guys into this."

"Olivia, don't be like that."

"But Reece-"

"I feel like a broken record."

"What?"

"We are always going to be here for you, nothing's going to change that. Not even you and Blake breaking up."

I smile weakly.

"Thank you."

He smiles back.

"You know, Blake actually thought that maybe you had lied to him the other day and that you were distancing yourself from us to make the breakup less painful. I told him that he had nothing to worry about."

He stops, staring at me suddenly.

"It's not, right?"

I laugh, the feeling being unknown to me. It's been days since I've laughed.

"I am most certainly not breaking up with him. I would be stupid to do that."

He nods. "How about some tv?"

"What would we watch?"

"It's up to you."

|| blake pov ||

"Liv?"

I walk through the flat, holding a bag in one hand and flowers in the other. I was hoping this would cheer her up a little bit, even if I don't know what really is wrong.

The television is on in her bedroom, and when I peek inside I see Liv laying on Reece's chest, her eyes closed and face red and puffy. Reece was sitting on his phone, most likely playing Fortnite. He was on top of the covers while she was under them, clutching the duvet close to her.