34

*****

*Sean*

It was very sudden, like I had jumped into a pool of icy water or had been blown by a really strong wind. I had not been focusing on feeling Izabella's pull, so when it happened I was quite surprised, and what's more is that it didn't go away within ten seconds.

"Sean? You there?" I looked at Jason.

"Shhh!" I wasn't trying to be rude, but the feeling of Izabella's pull almost didn't seem real. "I-I can feel her again," I mumbled. I must have been imagining it, but how could I be when the pull was so strong?

"You what?" Corey turned from the warlock he had been speaking to about what they had found on the east end of the city.

"I feel Izabella..." I got up, "She's not that far away..." I mumbled.

"Then what are you waiting for? Lead us to her!" Corey hissed.

"Don't be rash, Corey. We can't just show up. If there's a reason he can suddenly feel her, it's probably because they want him to. They probably have an army waiting for us." Eric said.

I looked down. Of course, I was overwhelmed by this. I so badly wanted to just follow the pull, but I did not want my friends - or anyone else - getting hurt because we moved without thinking carefully.

"Well, we have an army of our own," I looked at the door to see my father, I hadn't spoken to him since the hallway incident outside of Clara's room.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

'She's your mate, Sean. What I said about your mother... I didn't mean that. I would have given the pack up in a second if it meant that she'd be here today.' He linked me. 'I just said that because I don't want you to feel the way I do now if you have to lose Izabella.' He added.

I walked over to him and hugged him, something I didn't often do. I thought he was strong. I never thought about how much my mother's death actually hurt him.

'I'll be okay.' I linked him.

'I know. Let's get your mate and her cousin.' He replied, I nodded.

"Lead the way, Sean." I heard Ian.

"Yes, Alpha."

*****

*Izabella*

"Why don't we just blow this entire place up and destroy all of it?" Julie said.

"Because some of it might be contained in Titanium or something else and then not all of it will be destroyed," Klay said giving her a look that told her that was a dumb question to ask.

"Where's Clara?" I glared at Edgar. He rolled his eyes.

"She's safe." He said.

"No, you said if I held up my end you would give her back," I said.

"And you believed me?" He chuckled.

I felt myself getting angrier but my wolf forced me to calm down. They would hurt her if I did anything, so I just clenched my fist and grit my teeth. Edgar smirked.

"Julie, get my little mate something to drink, it seems we're having trouble in our relationship." Edgar chuckled. I glared at him as Julie grabbed my arm and dragged me to the kitchen.

I leaned against the counter beside the stove as she looked for a glass.

"He's mine, you know. You better back off." She said. I laughed. Is she serious right now? My wolf let a soft growl echo through my head as Julie's back turned to us. I think I had the same idea. "Yo -" she began but I sped over to her side. I gasped as I heard her neck snap before she fell to my feet.

I must have forgotten how easy it was for a wolf because of being paralysed. I had had no intention of killing her. My wolf growled lowly, 'They'll get over it, we did'. I glared down at her body. Did we? My wolf was right, that was for Adan.

I turned and shoved the back door open intending to find Clara but I froze seeing the massive gun pointed right at me. My eyes widened slightly as they met his face.

"Ben?" I said slowly. Hadn't he ran to the Titans after he tried to kill me?

"Izabella," he cocked the gun in his hands.

I stepped back.

"You better not move, I'm an Amarelo too and I'm stronger than you are, you can't run from me, hon." He said.

"Titan, now. Right?" I asked.

"Wrong." He chuckled.

I raised my eyebrows.

"The Titans, they wanted your blood, they want you to stay alive. But me, see; I'm trying to end all of this. Without you there is no way wolves can gain any more power, you only cause trouble. So I'm getting rid of the source of all this havoc." He said.

Oh, he's taken the role of the lone vigilante that saves the day...

"And what happens after I'm dead?" I asked, just for curiosity's sake.

"I go back to Joe." He said. I raised my eyebrows. What? Was he serious?

"Izabel -" I took that as my chance to break, a simple destruction from Klay. I ducked down as I heard the gun go off, but nothing touched me so I just bolted at Ben smashing my foot to his knee. I heard him cry out as it snapped the wrong way before I ran from the yard making my way to the forest.

I froze feeling Sean's pull. He was close, but so was someone else. I sucked in my breath trying to control my heartbeat so I could hear who else was there and where they were going.

'Izabella?' I smiled as Sean's voice sounded in my head.

'What did you do?' From the tone of his voice, Edgar was livid. I froze. Oh no. I assumed he had found Julie. I had to find Clara now, before he got to her.

*****