"And Gem?"

"Gem was my sister. And she was awesome and funny and - and my best friend in the world. She had my back." Nye started choking out sobs.

"Did you witness any of their deaths?"

Nye stared at him dead eyes. "All three."

"Tell me about Aries' death."

"We were by the pond and he was swimming and suddenly he couldn't get out of the water. It was strange but when our best swimmers tried to get him out they were pushed away. By the time we got to him he was dead."

"Where is Aries' body?"

"We're not sure. Somewhere in the forest. We couldn't carry him when the fire started."

"The forest fire?"

"That's the one. It came out of nowhere."

"Dismissed. Send Cancer in."

————

"Who died?"

"Aries, Leo, Gem."

"What were your relationships with them?"

"They were my friends."

"Is that all?"

"Uh pretty much. Yeah."

"Cancer, please try to give us more detailed answers-"

"No! You know what? My friends are dead and you've done nothing so far but question us! You haven't found Ms Mal! You haven't found Hydrus! You're just questioning a bunch of traumatized teenagers!" Cancer yelled at him.

"Explain to me who Ms Mal is."

"Her name was Pavo Mal and she was our English teacher for a while but then she turned out to be a lunatic and tried to murder us all."

"Thank you for your time, Cancer. Send in Virgo."

———-

"Who died, Virgo?"

"Aries, Gem, and Leo. Although I'm sure you've been told it all before."

"What were your relationships with those three?" The officer asked.

"They were my friends. And I loved each and every one of them with all my heart."

"Did you ever meet the criminal Ophiuchus?"

"Yes. But he's long gone now. I don't know where."

"What did he tell you?"

"He warned me that someone would try to kill me and my friends."

"Did someone try to kill you and your friends?"

"A man named Serpens hired people to murder us. Pavo Mal and Hydrus."

"That's all. Please send in Libra."

———————

"Who died?"

"Aries, Gem, Leo. We done here?"

"What were your relationships with the three?"

"I had a crush on Aries for a while. And then I kissed him during Truth or Dare and Sag got mad at me. And then they awkwardly avoided me for a while there until I apologized to Sag and stuff. And I was good friends with Gem and Leo, but I didn't make out with them." Libra frowned. "I think."

"Did Aries know how to swim?"

"Oh yeah, he was a pretty good swimmer while was alive."

"You're very calm compared to the others. Why?"