CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE PT. I

Start from the beginning

Jade laughed softly as she watched Winnie get up from the bed and head into her closet for a pair of sweatpants, she then headed out of her bedroom and made her way downstairs to the front door.

Once she opened the door, Iris came inside with her hands full of two bags with Chanel behind her bringing another two bags inside.

"Good morning, birthday girl!"

"Morning, Chanel."

Chanel smiled softly and followed behind Iris to the middle of the house where Winnie's name balloons hung and started to open the bags to set the party favors for the night.

Winnie walked over and watched them set them up neatly in a pile and saw that the party favors were a mini mason jar of gold glitter, a mini gold Hershey bar, and mini bottles of Champagne.

"These are cute. . .but why so many?"

"Everyone's going to need one, Winnie."

Winnie creased her eyebrows. "Iris. . .how many people did you invite?"

"Does it matter? The house is big enough, just know that."

Winnie sharply inhaled a breath as she rubbed her forehead softly as Iris and Chanel went back to setting up the party favors.

Just then, Winnie heard footsteps making her turn around and see Jade walking up with her arms crossed over her chest as she watched Iris and Chanel.

"Those party favors look like they costed more than my rent."

Iris sighed heavily. "Jade, we don't have time for your snarky comments."

"What? That's just me, don't like it? You can bounce, honey."

Winnie bit the inside of her cheek to prevent a laugh as Jade kept a grin on her lips as she saw how agitated Iris was about to become with her — and it was only 10 o'clock.

"Winnie, the party's at 7, why don't you take the day off and fix. . .," Iris breathed out as she looked at Winnie from head to toe and smacked her teeth. "That."

Just as Jade opened her mouth to make a remark, Winnie sharply inhaled a breath and grabbed Jade's arm to stop her.

"Sure, let's go, Jade! We have errands to run!"

Jade groaned as Winnie pulled her by her wrist and dragged her out of the middle of the room and with her back upstairs to her bedroom.

Just when Winnie let Jade go into the bedroom, she felt a hand touch her elbow making her turn around to see Justin staring down at her.

"Can I help you?"

"How's your morning going?"

"No good, no thanks to your little comment earlier. . .," Winnie whisper yelled as Justin chuckled and licked his lips making Winnie scoff and cross her arms over her chest. "Is that funny to you?"

"Just a little bit."

Winnie groaned and rolled her eyes as she went to go into her bedroom — only for Justin to pull her elbow again and pull her closer.

"How can I make it up to you?"

Winnie hummed in response as she watched Justin lean down and look at her lips before going to attach his to hers — until Winnie whispered on his lips.

"You can make me some breakfast."

Justin creased his eyebrows as Winnie moved her lips away from his and giggled and walked away from him and into her bedroom to get dressed.